The Tidal Wave by Wave WiFi is a mobile router with an embedded cellular modem with separate external antennas for both WiFi and the cellular modem.
Designed for mid to large sized motor yachts, the Tidal Wave comes with very nice features but has a price to match.
- Model: Tidal Wave
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: Unknown
- Wi-Fi Router:
- Wi-Fi Standard: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) - Simultaneous 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz
- Max Theoretical Wi-Fi Speed:
- Wi-Fi Antennas: Yes
- Wi-Fi as WAN: Yes (both 2.4 and 5GHz)
- Claimed Wi-Fi Range: Not specified
- Guest Wi-Fi Network: Yes
- Default Control Panel Addressand Password:
Control Panel: http:// 192.168.89.1
Default Password: unknown
- USB Tethering Support: No
- Ethernet Ports: 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Cellular Modem: Single 4G
- Supported Networks and Bands:
- LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 41
- 3G WCDMA: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8
- MIMO Support: 2x2
- LTE Performance Category: Category 6 (Max Theoretical Speed: 300Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: 2x Download
- Cellular Antennas: 2x Omnidirectional SMA
- SIM Slots: Unknown
- Dimensions: 26 × 16 × 11 in
- Other Ports:
- Power Source: DC via Power Over Ethernet (POE)
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Special Features:
- Retail Price: Approximately $2800
News, Videos & Status
We do not intend to obtain a review unit.
Related News Stories:
- Inseego Wavemaker - New 5G Gateways and Routers Posted on: February 7, 2022
- WiFiRanger Releases Osprey Cellular Router to Pair With Winegard's Air 360+ Rooftop Antenna System Posted on: January 28, 2022
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer). We request vendors give our members bigger discounts instead of giving us affiliate kickbacks.
Member Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our MIAs get special discounts from these vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. Some vendors offer up to 10% off - you could save more than the cost of your membership on major purchases.
Routers can serve as a central conductor of your local area network in your RV and boat. Mobile routers are different from residential routers in that they typically support multiple internet sources like cellular and Wi-Fi, can be powered off of 12v or AC and support external antenna for better receiving signal.
But you might not need a router in your setup. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in:
For more on learning about mobile routers and how they might fit in your setup, follow up with our educational resources: