The Tidal Wave by Wave WiFi is a mobile router with an embedded cellular modem with separate external antennas for both WiFi and the cellular modem.
Designed for mid to large sized motor yachts, the Tidal Wave comes with very nice features but has a price to match.
- Model: Tidal Wave
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: Not Specified
- Wi-Fi Router:
- Wi-Fi Standard: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) - Simultaneous 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz
- Wi-Fi Antennas/Ports: Yes
- Wi-Fi as WAN: Yes (both 2.4 and 5GHz)
- Guest Wi-Fi Network: Yes
- Default Control Panel Address and Password:
- Address: http:// 192.168.89.1
- Password: Not Specified
- USB Tethering Support: No
- Ethernet Ports: 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- Router Throughput: Not Specified
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Cellular Modem: Single 4G
- Modem Module or Chipset: Not Specified
- Supported Networks and Bands: Not Specified
- LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 41
- 3G WCDMA: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8
- Carrier Certification: Not Specified
- MIMO Support: 2x2
- LTE Performance:
- LTE Performance Category: Category 6 (Max Theoretical Speed: 300Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- LTE Carrier Aggregation: 2x Download
- Cellular Antennas/Ports: 2x Omnidirectional SMA
- SIM Slots: Not Specified
- Dimensions: 26 × 16 × 11 inches
- Other Ports: Not Specified
- Power Source: DC via Power Over Ethernet (POE)
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Special Features: Not Specified
- Retail Price: Approximately $2966.00
News, Videos & Status
We do not intend to obtain a review unit.
Related News Stories:
- Insty Connect Launches New Antennas, A New Modem Design, and Cellular Data Plans Posted on: November 6, 2023
- GL.iNet Releases Spitz AX Cellular Router With An X62 Cellular Modem Posted on: May 31, 2023
- Insty Connect Offering X62 5G Modems - A First For Mobile Routers Posted on: January 27, 2023
Alternatives to Consider
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Purchasing Links & Disclaimer
We don't sell stuff, we are primarily member funded. Some links below may be affiliate links (see our disclaimer), which also helps fund MIRC.
The vendors displayed below provide larger discounts to our MIAs that we have negotiated instead of displaying affiliate links while they are logged in.
MIA Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our Mobile Internet Aficionados (MIA) get special discounts from the below vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. With savings up to 11% off, you could save more than your membership cost!
Routers can serve as a central conductor of your local area network in your RV and boat. Mobile routers are different from residential routers in that they typically support multiple internet sources like cellular and Wi-Fi, can be powered off of 12v or AC and support external antenna for better receiving signal.
But you might not need a router in your setup. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in:
For more on learning about mobile routers and how they might fit in your setup, follow up with our educational resources: