This device has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing this device.
ZTE in the News: ZTE has been in the news a lot lately thanks to the sanctions the company has been negotiating with the US government. At one point, it seemed as if ZTE would be forced out of business.
In mid-July 2018 it looked like the dust has settled and ZTE would be able to continue releasing new products and supporting older devices, so we dropped our previous warning.
However, as of late 2018, the Trump administration is considering a ban on ZTE and Huawei via Executive Order.
Members, get our further analysis and follow our ongoing tracking of this story in our Special Announcements forum:
In other words - the Mobley exists primarily to keep passengers entertained with internet access while on a road trip.
Likely because average Mobley users might only use internet in a vehicle for a few hours per week , AT&T had paired the Mobley with an incredibly affordable (just $20/month!) unlimited data offering for the first part of 2017. Since September 2017 however, that Connected Car Plan offering is no longer available to aftermarket devices. Thus the sparkle of the Mobley has dimmed significantly.
With a Cat 3 rating, the need to build or purchase an adapter so that you can keep the Mobley running, no 5.0GHz WiFi option, no antenna ports and a cap of 5 supported connections - this device is easily overshadowed by much more capable mobile hotspot devices offered by AT&T.
ZTE Mobley Specifications
- # of Connected Devices: 5 via Wi-Fi / Unofficially Supports USB Tethering (see below)
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://attwifimanager/
Default Password: "attadmin"
- Networks supported:
LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 17
4G: HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- LTE Performance Category: Category 3
(Max Theoretical Speed: 100Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4GHz Only
- Dimensions: 3.22" x 1.96" x .86" / 2.12 oz
- SIM Card Type: 3FF / Micro SIM
- Retail Price: $99
Review & Testing Status
We purchased a Mobley when the Connected Car ($20) plan was still available, and put it to the test.
MIA members, see below for specific tips on using a Mobley with unlimited data in an RV - including a video overview and configuration tutorial.
Members can follow along with our round of modem testing, which includes testing the Mobley Device on a Connected Car plan here:
Cellular Equipment Field Testing Results – Netgear Modems / USB730 (Late 2017)
Related News Articles:
- The $20/mo Mobley Chrysler/Mopar eMail Campaign Deal Now: Out of Stock Posted on: February 18, 2019
- AT&T $20/month Unlimited Mobley Plan - Back for a Limited Time via UConnect Chrysler/Mopar eMail Campaign Posted on: January 23, 2019
- AT&T Connected Car Mobley SIMs Reporting as PIN Locked - How to Get Your PUK Codes Posted on: October 18, 2018
- AT&T Pushes Mobley Firmware Update VM6200V1.0.3 - Removes 'No Time Out' Power Save Setting Posted on: October 4, 2018
- AT&T Spark Connected Car OBD-II Device by Harman - Is It a Mobley Replacement? Posted on: September 25, 2018
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Here are some purchasing links:
- AT&T Direct (Easiest - if in stock, you can activate the stand-alone unlimited plan online.)
- Best Buy Online
NOTE: The Mobley is frequently sold out, and AT&T reps have been known to try and substitute the Audiovox "Car Connection 2.0" instead, saying that it is equivalent. Don't be fooled - while the Audiovox also plugs into an OBD-2 port, it does not create a Wi-Fi hotspot and is only useful for vehicle diagnostics.
ZTE Mobley Ratings
The Mobley is nothing special - but the $20/mo unlimited plan that you can get with it sure is.