Verizon's flagship LTE mobile hotspot device, the Inseego 8800L, now has a new firmware update - what Verizon calls "System Update 3."
Unfortunately, the details of what's changed are...vague:
This software update provides performance improvements for your device.
The new firmware is dated 12/22/2021 by Inseego and the version number is: SDX20_1.22.11_Linux_2.100.26 aka 2K. It seems to just starting to be pushed by Verizon.
This is the third update for Verizon 8800L jetpacks.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- Verizon's new "System Update 3" promises improved unspecified performance improvements.
- As with previous updates, devices should update automatically over time, but users can manually update via the admin panel.
- Although we don't know the specific details of this new release, updating to the latest firmware is generally recommended for the best experience, security and performance.
For more information:
Updates Made to our Content as a Result of This news:
- Gear Center: Verizon 8800L Mobile Hotspot
- Netgear Releases Unlocked, All-Carrier Nighthawk M6 Pro 5G Mobile Hotspot Posted on: May 10, 2023
- The Franklin A50 - A New 5G Mobile Hotspot For AT&T Posted on: February 24, 2023
- Verizon Introduces a New 5G Hotspot - The TCL Linkzone 5G UW Posted on: November 17, 2022
- T-Mobile Launches the MiFi X PRO 5G - Their Latest 5G Mobile Hotspot From Inseego Posted on: November 17, 2022
- Netgear Releases Unlocked Nighthawk M6 MR6150 5G Mobile Hotspot Posted on: October 4, 2022
- Verizon Launches the MiFi X PRO 5G UW - A New Flagship 5G Mobile Hotspot From Inseego Posted on: August 12, 2022
- T-Mobile Launches New 5G Mobile Hotspot - Made By Quanta Posted on: June 16, 2022