Verizon has finally released notes on what is included, and it seems like relatively minor bug fixes and update:
Release date: 05/11/2020
Software Version: SDX20_1.22.11_Linux_2.100.18 aka 2A
This software update for your Jetpack MiFi 8800L provides the following system enhancements and performance improvements:
- Device Stability:
- Addressed an issue where Wi-Fi connected devices disconnected abruptly.
- Addressed an issue where MiFi880L randomly reset in some regions.
- Security Enhancements:
- Provides the most up to date security patches.
- User Interface / User Experience:
- Addressed an issue where the LCD display would go dark while the device was still functioning.
We and several members have done the update, with no negative impacts noted.
How to Update Your Device
Or you can manually update the device using either the device touch-screen menu, or the web administrative interface.
Manually Updating With the Touchscreen
Make sure the device is powered on, has an active Verizon SIM, and is connected to the Verizon cellular network
- Click "Menu" on the 8800L touchscreen
- Scroll down to "Software Update" and click on it
- Click the "Check for Update" button
- When an available update appears, confirm to download and then install the update
Related Reading & Updates
Related News Stories:
- Verizon Pushes 2A Firmware Update to Inseego 8800L MiFi Jetpack Posted on: May 13, 2020
- Verizon Finally Releases 8800L 1S Firmware Update - Hopefully Fixing Reboot & Disconnects Posted on: August 6, 2019
- Verizon Launches New Flagship Mobile Hotspot Device - The MiFi 8800L Posted on: October 29, 2018