A few weeks back Starlink halted all transfers of equipment and their FAQ stated a new self-service option would be available soon and it appears it is now live on their website.
Starlink equipment transfers can now take place between a seller and buyer without involving support thus greatly increasing the speed and ease of doing transfers.
For those thinking of purchasing a used Starlink, first check out the Starlink FAQ Topic: How do I transfer my Starlink hardware ownership.
You should verify that you and the seller both understand all aspects of the transfer, the steps necessary, and what information you need from the seller to make it a smooth transfer for both parties.
Starlink releases themselves from all liability involved in any transfers so it's best to familiarize yourself with the process and that the seller is someone you trust working with.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- Buying a used starlink dish just became a lot easier and safer for the buyer
- When you cancel your Starlink, service ends immediately and all remaining days of your billing are forfeited
- Transferred Service cannot be added to an existing account, you must start a new account with a new email
- Residential users are subject to service availability before being allowed to initiate a transfer
- Transfers of a dish are restricted to the same country as previously used
Members: Login for some exclusive additional mobile internet considerations.
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Guide: Starlink Satellite Internet For Mobile RV And Boat Use
- Starlink Resources: Starlink Resource Collection
- Content Collection: Mobile Satellite Internet Resources
- Gear: SpaceX Starlink
Related News Stories