An unexpected, but welcome change has happened at Starlink under the account management options. Starlink Roam users are noticing that they now have the option to change to a Starlink Residential plan among other plans.
Starlink has now added the option for users to change between Regional Roam, Global Roam, Maritime / Mobility 50GB, & Starlink Residential plans.
Previous to this, if a user changed from Starlink Residential to Starlink Roam, it was a one way street and they couldn't come back to residential without cancelling their service and starting over. Residential service has the advantage of including 1TB of priority data, however to switch there must be open capacity at the address.
Starlink has not made this official in their FAQ yet and in fact it still reports users can't switch to residential from roam, but the change is just rolling out to users and the FAQ should be updated in the near future.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- Starlink users can now switch between several plans including Starlink Roam and Starlink Residential.
- When going up in price, the change takes effect immediately with an up-charge on the prorated price for the remainder of the billing period.
- When going down in price, the change takes effect at your next billing cycle with no pro-rating allowed.
- We expect users wanting to change to the Maritime / Mobility 50GB plan (requires approved in-motion dish) won't be allowed to change unless they have the flat HP dish at the time of the request even though the option is there on their list.
Members: Login for some exclusive additional mobile internet considerations.
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Guide: Starlink Satellite Internet For Mobile RV And Boat Use
- Starlink Resources: Starlink Resource Collection
- Content Collection: Mobile Satellite Internet Resources
- Gear: SpaceX Starlink
Related News Stories
- Starlink Revamps Its Plans & Service Priority Levels - Big Impacts For Mobile Users Posted on: May 3, 2023
- Starlink Confirms Residential + Portability is Grandfathered for Existing Customers Posted on: April 28, 2023
- Starlink Adds Option to Change From Roam to Residential Service Posted on: April 27, 2023
- Starlink Introduces Its Most Affordable Maritime Data Plan Yet: $250/mo for 50GB Priority Global Data Posted on: April 19, 2023
- Starlink Business Adds Two New Tiers Of Service Posted on: March 17, 2023
- Starlink Maritime Adds A Cheaper Plan Option Posted on: March 16, 2023
- Starlink For RVs Is Now Starlink Roam - Global Coverage Option, Geo-Fenced To Land Use Only Posted on: March 9, 2023