The Novatel 7730L was Verizon's flagship Jetpack device from January 2017 to October 2018.
Verizon no longer stocks new 7730L hotspots but it does still sell certified refurbished devices when they are available.
The 7730L is still available from many third-party sellers.
October 28, 2018 - Novatel MiFi 8800L Released
If you're considering purchasing a Verizon mobile hotspot, it might be worthwhile to consider the new version - but be aware that the 8800L is having major issues for some users. For the current information, check our MiFi 8800L Review.
- Model Number: 7730L
- # of Connected Devices: 15 Wi-Fi / Supports USB Tethering
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://my.jetpack/
Default Password: Random - Check Device Screen
- USB Tethering Support:
WiFiRanger Tethering: Works Great
Pepwave Tethering: Works Great (except for Surf On-The-Go)
- Supported Networks and Bands:
Verizon LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 13, 66
Global Roaming on LTE Bands: 3, 7, 20, 28
4G/3G: HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz - Global roaming supported.
3G: Verizon CDMA EVDO Supported
2G: GSM EDGE - Quad-band global roaming.
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes (3x 20MHz channels)
- MIMO Support: 2x2
- LTE Performance Category: Category 9
(Max Theoretical Speed: 450Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 2x TS9 'Test Ports' (not official antenna ports, but DO support MIMO)
- Other Ports: USB-A and USB-C ports
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Claimed Battery Life: 24 hours hotspot usage, 27 days standby
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: No
- Battery Part #:40123117
- Battery Purchase
- Dimensions: 4.29" x 2.64" x 0.7" / 5.38 oz
- SIM Card Type: 4FF / Nano SIM
- Retail Price: Varies on reseller market
Review & Testing Status
Novatel sent us an evaluation unit in late January 2017, and we have done extensive hands-on testing with this device.
Our full review and tutorial are in the member section below. We also include head-to-head testing data against other popular Verizon hotspots: Inseego 8800L, Netgear AC791L, Novatel MiFi 6620L, and the Pantech MHS291L.
Here is our unboxing video and first impressions of the Novatel 7730L after we received it:
Our deeper analysis and impressions are in our members-only section below.
Content included in the member area below:
- Favorite Features & Potential Downsides
- Hardware Features Explained:
- Hands on Testing Notes
- Getting the 7730L
- Alternatives to Consider
- Video Overview & Tutorial
- Recommended Settings
A Full Review of this Product is Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to the in-depth unbiased review of this product based on our extensive hands-on time and testing.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Always buy from a reputable seller and purchasing a new, factory OEM, or certified refurbished device is the safest option, as some used devices could be blacklisted by the carrier or have other problems.
Battery replacement purchasing options: