Sprint rental/lease unlimited data plans are available from a few rental/lease vendors.
Renting/Leasing Sprint Unlimited Data Plans
When renting or leasing a data plan, you are paying a vendor for use of the line, and do not have a direct relationship with Sprint.
But - you do have a 'direct relationship' with Sprint's coverage map - which is limited.
We have a separate in-depth gear center guide to FMCA's version of an unlimited Sprint data lease plan, here:
As with all third-party resellers, consider that the vendor may NOT have an official relationship with the carrier and service could be terminated with little notice.
What You Need to Know
- Upfront costs are set by the vendor, and can include the purchase of a mobile hotspot device or router. If you are purchasing a device, make sure it is a current model that supports all of Sprint's coverage. Check our Gear Center for the current best options.
- Monthly costs are set by the vendor, based on current market demand. Typically a month-to-month agreement, which gives you the flexibility to discontinue service as needed, some vendors do require longer commitments. But remember, no-contract goes two ways - we have heard several reports of unexpected price increases by vendors.
- Soft Data Caps: Some rental vendors now have data caps ranging from 200-500GB a month put in place.
- Have a Back-Up Option: We highly recommend having an alternate way online if you rely on one of these plans. Remember, these plans can get shut down with little notice (for contract breach, your vendor not paying their bill, etc).
Vendors We Track
Resellers may show 'out of stock' depending on current inventory and availability. And plans may actually come with data caps. Please be sure to read each vendor's fine print - and ask questions - before committing to purchasing a device or paying an up-front fee.
- NetBuddy - $35/month, paid annually - $420. (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- FMCA - $49.99/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- Open Road Mobile - $129/month
- Unlimitedville - $149/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- EVDO Depot USA - $129/month
Data Vendors & Brokers: Want to be listed? Please be in touch at email@example.com and introduce yourself and what you offer. We take absolutely no listing fees, advertisement dollars or kickbacks for listings. You must host your own web storefront (eBay not eligible) where customers can transparently learn about the details of your offering.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.