Sprint rental/lease unlimited data plans are available from a few rental/lease vendors.
Renting/Leasing Sprint Unlimited Data Plans
When renting or leasing a data plan, you are paying a vendor for use of the line, and do not have a direct relationship with Sprint.
But - you do have a 'direct relationship' with Sprint's coverage map - which is limited.
As with all third-party resellers, consider that the vendor may NOT have an official relationship with the carrier and service could be terminated with little notice.
What You Need to Know
- Upfront costs are set by the vendor, and can include the purchase of a mobile hotspot device or router. If you are purchasing a device, make sure it is a current model that supports all of Sprint's coverage. Check our Gear Center for the current best options.
- Monthly costs are set by the vendor, based on current market demand. Typically a month-to-month agreement, which gives you the flexibility to discontinue service as needed, some vendors do require longer commitments. But remember, no-contract goes two ways - we have heard several reports of unexpected price increases by vendors.
- Soft Data Caps: Some rental vendors now have data caps ranging from 200-500GB a month put in place.
- Have a Back-Up Option: We highly recommend having an alternate way online if you rely on one of these plans. Remember, these plans can get shut down with little notice (for contract breach, your vendor not paying their bill, etc).
Vendors We Track
Resellers may show 'out of stock' depending on current inventory and availability. And plans may actually come with data caps. Please be sure to read each vendor's fine print - and ask questions - before committing to purchasing a device or paying an up-front fee.
This listing is no way an endorsement or vetting for any vendor and we do not provide reviews of individual providers (although our members are welcome to share in the comments below). We have absolutely no affiliation with any reseller, none pay for their listing and we get no kickbacks for sign-ups.
This vendor listing is simply a courtesy for our audience to aid in their shopping process for those who have determined the risks of a third party vendor are acceptable. Please do your own continued research and evaluation.
Vendors that are confirmed to be selling plans on Sprint's network:
- FMCA - $49.99/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- EVDO Depot USA - $129/month
- Nomad Internet - $149/month
Vendors that we believe are selling plans on Sprint based on word of mouth or other sources, but we have not been able to independently confirm:
- Open Road Mobile - $129/month
Vendors no longer offering plans on Sprint or currently showing out of stock:
EZ-Com LLC- $99/month Wavenet- $109/month Unlimited Inter.net- $125/month (now offering AT&T) Lose The Cord- $139/month Unlimitedville- $149/month (See Our Gear Center Entry) (Temporarily out of stock as of 5/1/20 due to Covid19 related supply chain issues.)
In addition to these 3rd party resellers, also consider the unlimited Sprint plan benefits offered by some non-profits for $12-58/month.
Last Vendor List Update: May 30, 2020
Data Vendors & Brokers: Want to be listed? Please be in touch at [email protected] and introduce yourself and what you offer. We take absolutely no listing fees, advertisement dollars or kickbacks for listings. You must host your own web storefront (eBay not eligible) where customers can transparently learn about the details of your offering.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.