So far, details are scarce and the device will only be available to qualified customers. It will be Spring 2019 before it is available for sale to the general public.
They have also said that the device will require a 5G compatible data plan, which they have only announced a $70/month plan that includes 15GB of data.
- Model: Netgear MR5000
- # of Connected Devices: 20 via WiFi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://attwifimanager/
Default Password: "attadmin"
- USB Tethering Support: Not yet known, but likely
- Supported Networks and Bands:
5G: N260 (39 GHz)
LTE: Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 29, 30, 46, 66
2G GSM/Edge: None
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 5 band, 256 QAM
- MIMO Support: 4X4 Internal
- LTE Performance Category: 20
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB-C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Claimed Battery Life: Not yet known
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.9" x 4.1" x 0.82"
- SIM Card Type: Not yet known
- Retail Price: $499.99
Review & Testing Status
We may eventually obtain a unit to test, depending on availability - and depending on if they release more desirable plans.
A Full Review of this Product is Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to the in-depth unbiased review of this product based on our extensive hands-on time and testing.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.