So far, details are scarce and the device will only be available to qualified customers. It was slated to be available to the general public in Spring 2019, but as of January 2020, it had not been offered yet.
They have also said that the device will require a 5G compatible data plan, which they have only announced a $70/month plan that includes 15GB of data.
- Model: Netgear MR5000
- # of Connected Devices: 20 via WiFi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://attwifimanager/
Default Password: "attadmin"
- USB Tethering Support: Not yet known, but likely
- Supported Networks and Bands:
5G: N260 (39 GHz)
LTE: Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 29, 30, 46, 66
2G GSM/Edge: None
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 5 band, 256 QAM
- MIMO Support: 4X4 Internal (for LTE)
- LTE Performance Category: 20
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB-C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Claimed Battery Life: Not yet known
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.9" x 4.1" x 0.82"
- SIM Card Type: Not yet known
- Retail Price: $499.99
Review & Testing Status
We may eventually obtain a unit to test, depending on availability - and depending on if they release more desirable plans.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.