So far, details are scarce and the device will only be available to qualified customers. It will be Spring 2019 before it is available for sale to the general public.
They have also said that the device will require a 5G compatible data plan, which they have only announced a $70/month plan that includes 15GB of data.
- Model: Netgear MR5000
- # of Connected Devices: 20 via WiFi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://attwifimanager/
Default Password: "attadmin"
- USB Tethering Support: Not yet known, but likely
- Supported Networks and Bands:
5G: N260 (39 GHz)
LTE: Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 29, 30, 46, 66
2G GSM/Edge: None
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 5 band, 256 QAM
- MIMO Support: 4X4 Internal
- LTE Performance Category: 20
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB-C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Claimed Battery Life: Not yet known
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.9" x 4.1" x 0.82"
- SIM Card Type: Not yet known
- Retail Price: $499.99
Review & Testing Status
We may eventually obtain a unit to test, depending on availability - and depending on if they release more desirable plans.
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
AT&T's first mobile hotspot for 5G is too new to evaluate.