So far, details are scarce and the device will only be available to qualified customers. It will be Spring 2019 before it is available for sale to the general public.
They have also said that the device will require a 5G compatible data plan, which they have only announced a $70/month plan that includes 15GB of data.
- Model: Netgear MR5000
- # of Connected Devices: 20 via WiFi
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://attwifimanager/
Default Password: "attadmin"
- USB Tethering Support: Not yet known, but likely
- Supported Networks and Bands:
5G: N260 (39 GHz)
LTE: Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 29, 30, 46, 66
2G GSM/Edge: None
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, 5 band, 256 QAM
- MIMO Support: 4X4 Internal
- LTE Performance Category: 20
- Cellular Antenna Ports: None
- Other Ports: USB-C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Claimed Battery Life: Not yet known
- Can Be Powered Without a Battery: Unknown
- Dimensions: 4.9" x 4.1" x 0.82"
- SIM Card Type: Not yet known
- Retail Price: $499.99
Review & Testing Status
We may eventually obtain a unit to test, depending on availability - and depending on if they release more desirable plans.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.