For many nomads, keeping connected is crucial.
The maps are based on the carrier's own provided maps, and are now supplied by our mapping partner Ookla. While the carriers maps are in part marketing and actual signal quality is highly dependent on several factors (distance to tower, terrain, your own devices, signal enhancing gear, tower load, etc.) - Coverage? is a useful tool in planning your RVing or boating travels, along with utilizing crowdsourced resources.
As we celebrate our 10-years in the App Store, we're thrilled to announce three major new features that have launched in 'Coverage?' in 2020:
- 5G coverage - including both nationwide and mmWave layers.
- Cellular maps for the Canadian carriers - Bell, Telus and Rogers
- Support for the fifth largest domestic carrier: US Cellular
5G nationwide maps and US cellular are free for existing Coverage? customers. Canada maps can be enabled for a one-time unlock fee of $2.99. And the mmWave 5G layer is available for HD map subscribers.
To accommodate all of the new 5G map layers - we have also consolidated 4G & LTE maps and 2G & 3G maps into single layers. Roaming, 3G and LTE layers continue to be inclusive maps, but 5G and mmWave can be individually toggled for those wanting to track just 5G coverage (you can turn off LTE and below layers using the 'Off' button).
Table of Contents
Key Features of the Coverage? App
- Available in both free (Lite) and paid (full featured) versions.
Price $2.99, one time.
- In App subscription to quarterly HD Carrier Maps and Satellite Maps - $4.99/year.
- In App Unlock Canadian Carrier Maps - $2.99, one time.
- Available for both Android and iOS.
- Easily know before you go: Avoid having to check each provider’s coverage map individually to know where you’re most likely to keep connected.
- No internet needed: All maps are stored locally, so you can see where coverage next is most likely even when you have none.
- Urban and rural areas: Maps are at a regional level, and cover the entire continental USA, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Carriers included: AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular.
Canadian Carriers: Bell, Telus, Rogers (optional one-time in-app unlock)
- Know where to roam: view 5G, LTE, 3G/2G and roaming areas as separate overlays, focus on the coverage type you need.
- Unlocked Paid Version includes free standard resolution map updates a couple times a year
- In App annual subscription includes quarterly HD Map updates with 4x the resolution, mmWave 5G cities marked, plus use of satellite imagery in the background.
Get the App
Coverage? for Android starts out as a free trial of the standard app functionality for a few sessions, with in app options to purchase the full app or HD Map subscription.
Coverage? for iOS was originally launched long before in-app purchases, to preserve the user base it starts out as a paid app, with in-app options to upgrade to the HD Map subscription.
However, Coverage? Lite is offered as a free iOS trial of Coverage? – it allows you to use the full app with standard definition overlayable maps for a few sessions to check it out, before forcing you to pick a single carrier to continue for free. Or, you can upgrade to the full versions in-app.
- Coverage? App Now Includes Maps for 5G, Canadian Carriers and U.S. Cellular Posted on: December 18, 2020
- Major Update to 'Coverage?' Released - Featuring HD Maps & Android Support Posted on: April 18, 2017
- Coverage? App Updated for February 2015, Includes New T-Mobile Maps Posted on: February 17, 2015
- Campendium Launches - RV Park Review Site Tracks Cellular Signal Strength Posted on: January 28, 2015
- T-Mobile Promises LTE Coverage Map - At Last! Posted on: January 14, 2015