The Calyx Institute has brought back its Contributor Plus membership level.
Calyx is a non-profit that offers low-cost data plans as a benefit for members who join at specific tiers on an annual or quarterly basis.
The Contributor Plus membership comes with unlimited high speed data for a year and the Quanta 5G hotspot device. Calyx's other plan offerings come with either the Inseego MiFi M2000 hotspot (Sustainer level) or entry-level hotspots such as the Franklin T9/T10 and Alcatel LINKZONE 2 (Contributor level).
The membership fee for Contributor Plus is $600 for the first year and $500 for subsequent years.
If you are a current Calyx member and want to order the Quanta 5G hotspot, you can do so for a $250 donation.
Bonus Member Only Content Available!
We go extra for our premium members - who make this resource center possible (did you notice the lack of 3rd Party advertising?). We have included some additional information in this news article just for our members - analysis, guidance and/or insider tips.
If you're not yet a member, please consider joining us. Extra content like this is one of the many perks we offer - in-depth content, guidance, discounts, alerts, classroom and more.
If you are already a member, please log in above to see the special content we have prepared for you.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- The Quanta 5G hotspot uses a Mediatek cellular modem instead of the Qualcomm modems used in the vast majority of 5G devices in 2022, including the Inseego M2000.
- The Quanta and M2000 have comparable specs and similar features.
- The Contributor Plus membership (Quanta hotspot) is $150 less than the Sustainer membership (M2000 hotspot) for the first year, but the pricing for subsequent years is the same.
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Gear: T-Mobile Based Non-Profit Unlimited Data Plans – Calyx Institute | PCs for People
- Gear: Quanta 5G Hotspot for T-Mobile
- Guide: Ways to Use Cellular Data To Get Online: Mobile Hotspot, Smartphone, Tablet or Router?
- Calyx Institute Offers Inseego MiFi X Pro with Sustainer Membership Posted on: March 13, 2023
- Calyx Institute Reintroduces Contributor Plus Membership Level - With the Quanta 5G Hotspot Posted on: October 24, 2022
- Calyx Institute Replacing Sprint Hotspots and SIMs - Update Your Address By April 8th! (UPDATED) Posted on: March 18, 2022
- FMCA Begins Transition to T-Mobile Hotspots for Existing Members Posted on: February 15, 2022
- Calyx Institute Introduces Sustainer Membership Level with 5G Hotspot & Unlimited Sprint Data Included Posted on: May 17, 2021