Verizon Prepaid, Verizon's direct prepaid department, is promoting a 'limited time only' $10 per month discount on either their 16GB phone plan, or on their Unlimited data phone plan.
Table of Contents
Verizon Prepaid is offering this promo only on their two higher tiered smartphone plans, and only for new activations. Their prepaid Jetpack and tablet plans are not eligible.
- 16GB plan: Actually an '8GB + 8 bonus GB plan', which permits mobile hotspot of all data. Full-speed Verizon data - prioritized behind postpaid customers when on congested towers.
- Unlimited plan: Unlimited data on device only - no hotspotting permitted. Full-speed Verizon data - prioritized behind postpaid customers when on congested towers.
The $10 discount is stackable with an auto-pay discount as well as their ongoing double-data deals promotion. But it can not be combined with multi-line discounts, it is only availble on single lines or the first line of service on a shared account.
This brings the potential total monthly savings to $15/month for a line of service.
This is a 'limited time' promo, but once you've locked in the discount, you are eligible for the promotional pricing for as long as you keep the eligible line in service.
The discount begins prior to start of second month of service and will appear as a service credit on your statement.
This discount, paired with an auto-pay discount will bring plan prices to (before taxes/fees):
- $35/month for 16GB ($50 without auto-pay discount)
- $55/month for Unlimited plan ($70 without auto-pay discount)
If you're looking for a prepaid chunk of 16GB of Verizon-based data to hotspot from a phone - this is decent offer for a single line of service direct with Verizon. The unlimited plan offering is not ideal as it does not offer any hotspot data.
You may also want to consider looking into Visible - Verizon's separate prepaid brand. For as little as $25/month, Visible offers unlimited on device Verizon based data, with unlimited hotspot capability to one device capped at 5 Mbps. Visible does have some other terms of service you'll want to explore further before committing, however.
As always, the best plan at the best price is the plan that best meets your needs - and still wiggles into your budget. If you need a smallish (say, 16GB) chunk of hotspot approved full-speed Verizon data - Verizon Prepaid's 16GB plan offers that.
Related News Stories
- Verizon Launches Three New Business Plans with Tablet and Data Device Plan Add-On Options Posted on: October 30, 2020
- Verizon Rolls Out "5G Nationwide" To Support iPhone 12 Launch Posted on: October 14, 2020
- Verizon, T-Mobile & AT&T Fixed Home Cellular Service - A Growing Wireless Market That is Not Mobile-Friendly Posted on: October 12, 2020
- Verizon Releases Unlimited Plus for Connected Devices - Allowing for 30GB of LTE Hotspot and Unlimited 5G Posted on: September 17, 2020
- Verizon Wireless Set to Buy Tracfone - Prepaid Brands Including StraightTalk, Total Wireless & Simple Mobile Posted on: September 15, 2020