Verizon is charging a new monthly fee if you are not on one of their newest smartphone plans and is also increasing the price for its wireless home internet service.
For certain legacy wireless smartphone plans, Verizon is charging a "Plan Rate Adjustment" of $3.00 per line. Affected plans include 5G Start, Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Above Unlimited, and other select legacy plans.
The new fee will go into effect starting August 29th, 2023. Affected customers have already started receiving notifications.
Additionally, several media reports state that Verizon is also increasing its new 5G and 4G LTE Home Internet bundled plans by $10. The bundled price for the 5G Home Internet option is $25/month and will increase to $35/month. Stand-alone pricing reportedly remains the same at $50/month.
Although media sources confirmed the price change, there is not yet an announced date except that the increase will take place "later this summer."
These Verizon price increases come on the heels of similar moves by AT&T and reflect a desire by the carriers to incentivize customers to switch to new plans and increase carrier revenue.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- Verizon is increasing prices for some legacy smartphone plans by $3/month.
- Verizon is also increasing prices of it's Wireless Home Internet services by $10/month for customers getting bundled discounts
For more information:
- The Verge News Story: Verizon Fees Increase in August
- CNET News Story: Verizon Home Internet Rates Increase
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Guide: Considerations for Selecting Cellular Data Plans
- Gear: Verizon Postpaid Plans
- Content Collection: Using Cellular Data for Mobile Internet Resources
- Verizon Announces New Unlimited Ultimate Smartphone Plan With 60GB Of Personal Mobile Hotspot Posted on: August 30, 2023
- Visible Lowers Price of Basic Plan to $25 Posted on: August 1, 2023
- Verizon Price Increases On Legacy Smartphone Plans and Wireless Home Internet Posted on: July 28, 2023
- New Verizon Business Smartphone Plan Lineup Increases Mobile Hotspot Data and Streaming While Reducing The Price Posted on: July 19, 2023
- Visible Forcing Customers on Legacy Visible Unlimited Plan to Switch to New Plans Posted on: July 6, 2023
- Verizon Announces myPlan - A New Smartphone Lineup With Up to 130GB of Hotspot Data Posted on: May 16, 2023
- Verizon 3G/CDMA Network Officially Shutdown Posted on: January 4, 2023