Earlier this year, T-Mobile quietly rolled out a 30GB data plan for $10/month (if you set up auto-pay - otherwise it's $15/month.)
There was no formal press about this plan, but it was noticed and discussed in some online communities that focus on mobile internet. The Mobile Report recently reported on it as well.
While T-Mobile has stated that the plan is designed specifically for use in hotspots, laptops, and Chromebooks - we have also confirmed it works in cellular embedded routers.
After 30GB of high speed data is used, speeds on this plan are reduced to 600 Kbps instead of 128 Kbps like most other T-Mobile postpaid plans.
It's important to note that this plan is not subject to T-Mobile's price lock guarantee, does not include any international roaming features and throttles video to 2.5 Mbps speeds.
This plan is somewhat "secret" as it's not listed on their website - but T-Mobile reps can look it up by referencing the SOC of MI30TI (which is for the tax inclusive version of the plan, MI30TE is for tax exclusive). It's available ala carte, without need of any other lines of service. The plan is available for both consumer and business accounts, and available tax inclusive and exclusive.
If you're an existing customer already on a T-Mobile plan, you may see the plan listed in your customer dashboard under the "Change My Plan" option. It will be listed as "Basic Mobile Internet 30GB".
Technically this plan doesn't meet the criteria we use for mobile internet plans (we typically focus on plans with a minimum of 50GB), but at $10/month, it's quite a deal. This plan might make a nice option for remote monitoring, or as a cheap backup plan or for those with lower bandwidth needs.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- While a relatively small plan with only 30GB of data, at $10-$15/month this plan might be a good option for remote monitoring, or as a backup plan.
- The plan is not listed online, but but can be found online in the customer dashboard for existing customers.
For more information:
- The Mobile Report: This Secret 30GB Hotspot Plan Is Just $10 Per Month From T-Mobile
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Gear Center: T-Mobile Postpaid Plans
- Gear Center: Getting Lots of Cellular Data: Unlimited and High Cap Cellular Data Plans For Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile
- Guide: Top Cellular Data Plans for RVers & Cruisers – Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile
- FMCA Releases T-Mobile Tech Connect+ MAX Cellular Plans - Unlimited Mobile Hotspot Data for $59.99/mo Posted on: January 22, 2024
- Hulu On Us Coming to T-Mobile Go5G Next Plan And Netflix On Us Changes Posted on: January 4, 2024
- T-Mobile "Secret" Data Plan - 30GB for $10/month Posted on: December 4, 2023