T-Mobile released a new firmware update for its flagship 5G mobile hotspot, the Inseego M2000. The update is version 4D and T-Mobile started pushing the new firmware out to devices in late March.
Unfortunately, the patch notes for this new update, posted today, are extremely sparse:
Various updates & improvements
Some initial reports suggest this new update may address some longstanding issues with the M2000 that some users have experienced.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- Firmware update 4D is for M2000 mobile hotspots on the T-Mobile network, including non-profit providers.
- The firmware should download and install automatically, but users can use the software update feature to upgrade when connected to T-Mobile.
- There is no reason to avoid upgrading, and the firmware should provide improvements for the M2000 hotspot.
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Gear: Review: T-Mobile 5G MiFi M2000 by Inseego (Mobile Hotspot)
- Guide: Ways to Use Cellular Data To Get Online: Mobile Hotspot, Smartphone, Tablet or Router?
- Content Collection: Using Cellular Data for Mobile Internet Resources
- Peplink Firmware 8.3 Is Packed With New Features: Synergy Mode, Dynamic Weighted Bonding, Unlimited SpeedFusion Data and Virtual WAN Posted on: February 23, 2023
- WiFiRanger Releases 7.1.0b12 Firmware Update Posted on: June 27, 2022
- Peplink Firmware 8.2.1 Released: SpeedFusion Cloud Renamed to SpeedFusion Connect Posted on: June 9, 2022
- T-Mobile M2000 Mobile Hotspot Firmware Update 4D Posted on: April 14, 2022
- Verizon Releases Firmware System Update 3 for Inseego 8800L Mobile Hotspots Posted on: January 17, 2022
- Peplink Recommends Firmware Upgrade For BR1 and Transit Mini Routers Posted on: October 7, 2021
- AT&T Rolls Out New Firmware Verison NTG9X50C_12.06.39.00_ATT_06.14 The Netgear MR1100 Nighthawk Posted on: July 6, 2021