T-Mobile released a new firmware update for its flagship 5G mobile hotspot, the Inseego M2000. The update is version 4D and T-Mobile started pushing the new firmware out to devices in late March.
Unfortunately, the patch notes for this new update, posted today, are extremely sparse:
Various updates & improvements
Some initial reports suggest this new update may address some longstanding issues with the M2000 that some users have experienced.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- Firmware update 4D is for M2000 mobile hotspots on the T-Mobile network, including non-profit providers.
- The firmware should download and install automatically, but users can use the software update feature to upgrade when connected to T-Mobile.
- There is no reason to avoid upgrading, and the firmware should provide improvements for the M2000 hotspot.
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Gear: Review: T-Mobile 5G MiFi M2000 by Inseego (Mobile Hotspot)
- Guide: Ways to Use Cellular Data To Get Online: Mobile Hotspot, Smartphone, Tablet or Router?
- Content Collection: Using Cellular Data for Mobile Internet Resources
- Winegard Releases New Firmware for ConnecT Rooftop Systems and Air360+ Gateway Routers Posted on: October 11, 2023
- WiFiRanger Releases Security Related 7.1.0b14 Firmware Patch Posted on: July 28, 2023
- WiFiRanger Releases 7.1.0b12 Firmware Update Posted on: June 27, 2022
- T-Mobile M2000 Mobile Hotspot Firmware Update 4D Posted on: April 14, 2022