AT&T's 2016 flagship mobile hotspot.
The Unite Explore's signature feature is that it is designed to "brave the outdoors and the bumps of everyday life" by being the first rugged mobile hotspot from both Netgear and AT&T.
The Unite Explore's specs are now eclipsed by AT&T's newest flagship Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot, but in terms of ruggedness the Explore reigns supreme. In addition, until AT&T cellular grid tech catches up with the Nighthawk's tech, the Unite Explore is functionally competitive.
- Battery Life: 22hrs (removable battery)
- # of Connected Devices: 15 Wi-Fi / Supports USB Tethering
WiFiRanger Tethering: Tested & works
Pepwave Tethering: Tested & works (not officially supported)
MoFi Tethering: Tested & works
Control Panel: http://192.168.1.1 or http://attwifimanager/
Default Password: "attadmin"
- Cellular Networks Supported:
LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 29, 30
4G/3G: HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz - Global roaming supported.
2G: GSM EDGE Quad Band - Global Roaming
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes (2x 20MHz Channels - eventually 3x 20MHz Channels)
- LTE Performance Category: Category 9
(Max Theoretical Speed: 450Mbps Down / 50Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 2x MIMO / TS9 Connectors (Left is Primary)
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 2.8" x 0.8" / 6.3 oz
- SIM Card Type: 3FF / Micro SIM
- Retail Price: $199 ($49.99 with two year contract)
Testing Status: Netgear supplied us an evaluation unit in May 2016, and after a couple months of using the device we issued our full in-depth review available in the member section below.
Please help us improve our content by filling
out our survey about Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint.
Take the Survey Now
In addition, we have included this unit several other rounds of testing, members can see our field testing results:
- Cellular Signal & Embedded Router Field Testing – IBR900 | MAX-BR1 | Drive Sleek | MIMO Antennas (1st Quarter 2018)
- Cellular Equipment Field Testing Results – Netgear Modems / USB730 (Late 2017)
- Cellular Signal Enhancing Field Testing Results (Late 2016)
Content Included In the Member Sections Below:
- Video Overview & Tutorial
- Hardware Notes
- Software & UI Notes
- Performance Testing
- Alternatives to Consider
- Concluding Thoughts
- Recommended Settings
The Rest of this Review is:
Member Only Content
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
Use Coupon Code 'NovSave10' to save $10 off new MIA memberships!