Connectivity challenged nomads are constantly wishing for just a bit more range, or just a bit more speed.
But seeking to understand all the things that can impact your cellular signal can quickly becoming overwhelming - and optimizing effectively is often anything but simple.
It is little wonder that people end up focused on the simplest indicator they can find - the signal strength bars.
One bar bad, five bars good - right?
But bars are only the tip of the iceberg - and when it comes to actual performance it is not at all unusual for a one bar signal to outperform five.
And sometimes the simplest tweaks can make a huge difference in your real-world performance, even though the bars may not change a bit.
Focus on the speeds, and save the bars for enjoying a cold one after a hard day surfing online.
Table of Contents
This guide is currently member exclusive:
- One Hour In-Depth Video
- Measuring Mobile Internet Performance
- Understanding Raw Signal Strength
- Other Signal Traits (SNR, Quality, Type, Band)
- LTE Frequency Bands Explained
- Hidden Multipliers: MIMO & Carrier Aggregation
- Things That Impact Wireless Signals
- Strategies For Signal & Performance Enhancing
This Guide is written to be a 'living supplement' to The Mobile Internet Handbook.
For more information on mobile internet, consider purchasing your copy
(or become a member, and get the PDF copy included):
This Guide Contains
Member Only Content
We are honored that we are member & reader funded. It allows us to create unbiased guides and product information, and enables us to provide tons of free content here on the resource center. In thanks for their support, our members get first access to our in-depth guides. As time goes on, we may release more parts of this guide to the public. Be sure to check below, some portions may already be available for free.
If you're a member, please log in above to gain full access to this guide - or if you're not yet:
Benefits of a premium membership include:
- Product overviews & reviews
- Subscription to The Mobile Internet Handbook
- Special MIA newsletters
- Private Q&A forums
- Interactive member only video sessions
- A community of fellow RVers relying on mobile internet