Metro's two previous tablet plans were sold with the Alcatel JOY TAB tablet. There are two data plans sold with this device:
- Unlimited data with HD (1080p) streaming for $30/month
- Unlimited data with SD (480p) streaming for $15/month
The new plan is identical to the second plan above, the only difference is that you can bring your own device.
There is no hotspot data available on these plans. Data is subject to Network Management after 35GB, and is always prioritized behind T-Mobile postpaid traffic. You must also have a phone line on your account in order to purchase these plans.
The $15 plans are similar to the tablet plan offered by Sprint, however the Sprint plans also include 10GB of mobile hotspot data.
The Sprint tablet plan is $15/month with autopay if you bring your own device ($25/month if you purchase a device through Sprint.) Sprint's plans are available with or without a phone line - however the wording states there is a $50/month surcharge. There are multiple reports of this surcharge not being billed however. Streaming is at SD (480p) speeds and gaming capped at 2 Mbps.
With the recent merger between T-Mobile and Sprint resulting in these plans being on essentially the same network, the Sprint offering is likely the better deal as it includes the 10GB of mobile hotspot data and is a higher priority on the network.
Related News Stories
- Verizon, T-Mobile & AT&T Fixed Home Cellular Service - A Growing Wireless Market That is Not Mobile-Friendly Posted on: October 12, 2020
- The T-Mobile Network Experience (TNX) - Next Step in Transitioning Sprint Customers Posted on: October 8, 2020
- 5G Cellular: Verizon & Dish Are Big Winners In CBRS Spectrum Auction, C-Band Auction Looms Posted on: September 14, 2020
- Lower Latencies, More Coverage: T-Mobile Unleashes "Standalone" 5G Posted on: August 7, 2020
- Ultra Mobile Limited-Time Promotional $39/mo Pricing on Unlimited Smartphone Plan (50GB at High Speed) Posted on: August 3, 2020