Unique among boosters - the TerrainSuper actually has six antennas, one dedicated to each of the five bands that it boosts.
As for the sixth antenna - that is dormant and reserved for future product versions, and we have details on what is coming in the member section below.
There is also a seventh internal antenna, used for GPS signal amplification - a feature never previously seen in a cellular booster.
The booster comes in a portable kit that includes a magnetic mount exterior booster unit with removable antennas, an interior antenna, cabling, and a 12V DC power supply.
The TerrainSuper comes with some unique features not found in most other boosters:
- The integrated waterproof exterior unit combines the booster electronics with the exterior antennas, minimizing the effects of cable loss.
- There are dedicated antennas and amplifiers for each of the 5 cellular bands being boosted.
- There is also a GPS signal booster incorporated to improve GPS signal in heavily forested areas and during bad weather.
- Portable design and magnetic mount base allow easy movement between vehicles.
- This booster can be monitored via a companion app (connected over Wi-Fi), and via the app boosting of individual bands can be disabled.
A power adapter supplies power and signal transmission to the outdoor booster unit through a single cable. This adapter also has a troubleshooting light to tell the user if there are issues like oscillation.
Overall, this is a very interesting design that looks very impressive based on the raw specifications.
But real-world testing is needed to determine just how well this booster actually performs compared to the competition.
- Model: SolidRF TerrainSuper 6
- Gain: 50dB
- Max Uplink Power: 20dBm
- # of Devices Boosted Simultaneously: Multiple
- LTE Bands Supported: 2/25, 4, 5, 12, 13
- Exterior Antenna: Six antennas directly connected to exterior booster unit vis SMA connectors.
- Internal Antenna: Omnidirectional
- Range of Interior Coverage: Unknown
- In Motion Usage: Yes
- Booster Dimensions: 6.2" x 3.7" x 1.8" / .53 pounds
- Warranty: 3 years
- List Price: $499.00
Review & Testing Status
This is a new product as of early 2020.
We have no current booster tests underway, but may acquire a unit in the future.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other booster options on the market worth comparing this model to - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Keep an eye out for $50/off discounts - which are often available on Amazon or when ordering directly from SolidRF.
Related News Articles:
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about the complicated topic of signal enhancing and utilizing cellular boosters.