Peplink is a large and respected company in the high-end mobile networking space, particularly well known for providing cellular connectivity for everything from fleets of vehicles to cruise ships to dispersed corporate offices.
The MBX Mini is a small but mighty router with some incredible features that arguably make it the ultimate Peplink dream router, those features and capability come with a price point that is quite hefty.
- Model: MAX-MBX-MINI-5GH-T
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: 50-500
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- Default Control Panel Address: 192.168.50.1
- USB Tethering Support: Yes
- Ethernet Ports: 6x Gigabit Ethernet, 2 WAN
- Router Throughput: 2.5 Gbps
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Cellular Modem: Dual 5G
- Modem Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 (Sierra Wireless EM9191)
- Supported Networks and Bands: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint (Auto Switching)
- MIMO Support: 4x4 for each modem
- Max Theoretical 5G Performance: 4 Gbps Down / 700 Mbps Up
- LTE Performance Category: Cat-20 (Max Theoretical Speed: 2 Gbps Down / 150 Mbps Up)
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: At least 5x Download, 3x Upload
- 5G Carrier Aggregation: Mid-Band & Low-Band 5G can not be combined.
- Cellular Antennas: 8x QMA Antenna Ports
- SIM Slots: 2x Standard SIM
- Dimensions: 7.32'' x 8.05'' x 1.61''
- Power Source: 12-56v DC (AC adapter included)
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Failover, Integrated GPS, Band Locking, Pepwave AP Controller, Load Balancing, SpeedFusion Bonding
- Retail Price: $6,999
View our Peplink product line overview and articles - co-authored with our education & action partner at MobileMustHave (who offers advanced support, guidance and discounts to our members):
News, Videos & Status
We do not have an MBX Mini for testing.
Related News Center Articles
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Links Provided for Convenience
We do not sell any gear or equipment. These links are provided to make your shopping easier. Unless otherwise disclosed, only Amazon links are affiliate links (see our disclaimer). We request vendors give our members bigger discounts instead of giving us affiliate kickbacks.
Member Discounts - Learn & Save!
Our MIAs get special discounts from these vendors. Members please check for discount codes before ordering. Some vendors offer up to 10% off - you could save more than the cost of your membership on major purchases.
Members - be sure to check the Member Discounts page for some potentially very substantial savings on purchasing Pepwave routers.
Routers can serve as a central conductor of your local area network in your RV and boat. Mobile routers are different from residential routers in that they typically support multiple internet sources like cellular and Wi-Fi, can be powered off of 12v or AC and support external antenna for better receiving signal.
But you might not need a router in your setup. Here's a quick video overview the variety that routers come in:
For more on learning about mobile routers and how they might fit in your setup, follow up with our educational resources: