- Verizon currently offering discounts to nurses and teachers
- AT&T will offer discounts to nurses, physicians and teachers beginning July 10th
- Both current and new eligible customers can take advantage of discounts on postpaid unlimited data plans
Both Verizon and AT&T are offering discounts on some postpaid unlimited plan types to qualifying nurses, teachers - and on AT&T, physicians.
These discounts apply only to select plans - and proof of eligibility is required.
Table of Contents
Verizon began offering discounts to teachers and nurses with current or new postpaid accounts with qualifying plans a few weeks ago.
Eligible teachers and nurses who have a Verizon account with at least 1 smartphone or basic phone on a mix and match plan can get a monthly discount. Eligible plans include:
- Start Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Just Kids
- Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Above Unlimited
Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, and Above Unlimited are no longer available to add to accounts, but these discounts are applicable to those who keep these plans in grandfathered form - or mix and match them with current plans.
The monthly teachers and nurses discount amount depends on how many phones on qualifying unlimited plans you have:
- 1 phone - $10/month discount per account
- 2 – 3 phones - $25/month discount per account
- 4+ phones - no additional discount beyond the already discounted per line price
Verizon also offers discounts to first responders, active military and veterans, students, and some corporate employees.
To qualify for the teacher or nurse discount you must have at least 1 smartphone or basic phone on a qualifying Verizon monthly unlimited plan. The eligible teacher or nurse must also be the account owner or account manager.
Eligibility requires you to be currently-employed. For teachers, this includes employment in kindergarten to grade 12 or to be a post-secondary instructor. For nurses, you must be a currently-employed LPN, LVN, NP, or RN with a valid nursing license.
Eligible parties can apply online through Verizon's Discounts by Verizon page.
Beginning July 10, AT&T will add teachers, nurses, and physicians to their list of eligible career type discounts.
Eligible teachers, nurses, and physicians will receive 25% savings on Unlimited Starter, Extra, and Elite wireless plans through AT&T postpaid.
This discount is available to both new and existing customers.
Teachers, nurses, and physicians join first responders, military, and veterans in this discount.
For more information on current AT&T postpaid plans:
AT&T has not, as of this writing, published eligibility requirements for either nurses and physicians or teachers. Their news release on these new discounts indicated that eligibility requirements would be published by or on July 10th. An 'AT&T insider' posted eligibility requirements reportedly from internal documents, however. If you feel you may be eligible for these new discounts, we recommend contacting AT&T directly.
- AT&T Raises Price on 100GB Prepaid Hotspot/Router Data Plan - Now $90/mo Posted on: June 22, 2022
- FMCA Tech Connect+ Data Plan Transitioning from T-Mobile to AT&T - $59.99/mo Unlimited Hotspot Posted on: June 7, 2022
- AT&T Unlimited Premium Replaces Unlimited Elite for Consumers: Now With 50GB Mobile Hotspot Data Posted on: June 6, 2022
- Cellphone Carriers Planning Price Increases Posted on: May 16, 2022
- New AT&T Flagship Hotspots Announced: Netgear Nighthawk M6 and M6 Pro, First With Qualcomm X65 Modem Posted on: April 22, 2022