- Verizon currently offering discounts to nurses and teachers
- AT&T will offer discounts to nurses, physicians and teachers beginning July 10th
- Both current and new eligible customers can take advantage of discounts on postpaid unlimited data plans
Both Verizon and AT&T are offering discounts on some postpaid unlimited plan types to qualifying nurses, teachers - and on AT&T, physicians.
These discounts apply only to select plans - and proof of eligibility is required.
Table of Contents
Verizon began offering discounts to teachers and nurses with current or new postpaid accounts with qualifying plans a few weeks ago.
Eligible teachers and nurses who have a Verizon account with at least 1 smartphone or basic phone on on a mix and match plan can get a monthly discount. Eligible plans include:
- Start Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Just Kids
- Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Above Unlimited
Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited and Above Unlimited are no longer available to add to accounts, but these discounts are applicable to those who keep these plans in grandfathered form - or mix and match them with current plans.
The monthly teachers and nurses discount amount depends on how many phones on qualifying unlimited plans you have:
- 1 phone - $10/month discount per account
- 2 – 3 phones - $25/month discount per account
- 4+ phones - no additional discount beyond the already discounts per line price
Verizon also offers discounts to first responders, active military and veterans, students, and some corporate employees.
To qualify for the teacher or nurse discount you must have at least 1 smartphone or basic phone on a qualifying Verizon monthly unlimited plan. The eligible teacher or nurse must also be the account owner of account manager.
Eligibility requires you to be currently-employed. For teachers, this includes employment in kindergarten to grade 12 or to be a post-secondary instructor. For nurses, you must be a currently-employed LPN, LVN, NP or RN with a valid nursing license.
Eligible parties can apply online through Verizon's Discounts by Verizon page.
Beginning July 10, AT&T will add teachers, nurses, and physicians to their list of eligible career type discounts.
Eligible teachers, nurses, and physicians will receive 25% savings on Unlimited Starter, Extra and Elite wireless plans through AT&T postpaid.
This discount is available to both new and existing customers.
Teachers, nurses, and physicians join first responders, military and veterans in this discount.
For more information on current AT&T postpaid plans:
AT&T has not, as of this writing, published eligibility requirements for either nurses and physicians, or teachers. Their news release on this new discounts indicated that eligibility requirements would be published by or on July 10th. An 'AT&T insider' posted eligibility requirements reportedly from internal documents, however. If you feel you may be eligible for these new discounts, we recommend contacting AT&T directly.
- Verizon Rolls Out "5G Nationwide" To Support iPhone 12 Launch Posted on: October 14, 2020
- Verizon, T-Mobile & AT&T Fixed Home Cellular Service - A Growing Wireless Market That is Not Mobile-Friendly Posted on: October 12, 2020
- AT&T "Unlimited Your Way" Adds Mix-And-Match to Smartphone Plans, While Making Tablets Less Appealing Posted on: September 25, 2020
- Verizon Releases Unlimited Plus for Connected Devices - Allowing for 30GB of LTE Hotspot and Unlimited 5G Posted on: September 17, 2020
- First AT&T 5G Mobile Hotspot Available for Consumers - Netgear Nighthawk 5G Mobile Hotspot Pro Posted on: September 16, 2020