Starlink's Maritime system is now listed on the Starlink website for half the original cost for the equipment - $5,000 instead of $10,000.
The Maritime system comes with two flat high-performance Starlink terminals to provide redundancy and capacity. Unfortunately, the cost for the Maritime service remains the same at $5,000 a month for 5TB of priority Starlink service.
While it's nice to see the equipment cost come down significantly, the monthly cost for Maritime service is still the domain of Mega Yachts, cruise shops, and the commercial maritime market.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- The initial equipment cost for Starline Maritime is now $5k, down from $10k.
- The monthly service cost remains the same at $5k/month.
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Guide: MIRC Starlink Guide
- Content Collection: Mobile Satellite Internet Resources
- Resource: Starlink Resources
- Starlink Revamps Its Plans & Service Priority Levels - Big Impacts For Mobile Users Posted on: May 3, 2023
- Starlink Confirms Residential + Portability is Grandfathered for Existing Customers Posted on: April 28, 2023
- Starlink Adds Option to Change From Roam to Residential Service Posted on: April 27, 2023
- Starlink Introduces Its Most Affordable Maritime Data Plan Yet: $250/mo for 50GB Priority Global Data Posted on: April 19, 2023
- Starlink Business Adds Two New Tiers Of Service Posted on: March 17, 2023
- Starlink Maritime Adds A Cheaper Plan Option Posted on: March 16, 2023
- Starlink For RVs Is Now Starlink Roam - Global Coverage Option, Geo-Fenced To Land Use Only Posted on: March 9, 2023