What is a Tech Cabinet?
In a house or office, this is the area where internet cables enter from the outside world and are plugged into tech gadgets like modems, routers, back-up drives, and servers.
Since mobile dwellings (i.e. RVs, vans, boats) are typically smaller than a house or office, most folks don't have the space to dedicate an entire room to storing tech gadgets.
Nomads also don't typically rely on hardwired internet sources, meaning they need a few additional pieces of tech in mix to get those hours of adorable cat videos into their lives.
Instead of dedicating a room to the task - it is often ideal to just stick all your connectivity gear into a cabinet.
Read on to learn some best practices on how to do this.
In this Guide:
- Video Overview
- Benefits of a Tech Cabinet
- Consideration for your Tech Cabinet
- Optimizing for Centralization
- Tech Cabinet Samples (Member Submitted!)
We are honored to be funded by our community - allowing us to provide free basic content on this resource center.
We do not resell products, gear or plans and do not accept sponsorships or 3rd party advertising - our goal is to be an unbiased informational and educational resource.
In thanks for their support, our premium members get access to the more in-depth portions of this guide- and first access to new content created.
If you're a member, please log in for full access to this guide - or if you're not yet:
Other benefits of a premium membership include:
- Product Reviews
- Mobile Internet University (our classroom) & Book
- Special MIA Newsletters & Alerts
- Discounts (which can save you more than the cost of membership!)
- Private Q&A forums & Interactive webinars
- A community of fellow nomads relying on mobile internet
Ready for more?
Check out the course at:
Is internet essential to your mobile lifestyle?
It is our passion to provide informative unbiased content and have made it our job to track this constantly evolving industry.
We stay on top of the technology
so that you can focus on what drives you!
We could not provide any of this without the support of those who chose to become members funding this resource center. We do not accept sponsorships, third party advertising and we do not resell products or gear. We strive to be an unbiased community funded resource.
Become a member starting at $65/year
Our premium membership - Mobile Internet Aficionados - is designed for those who consider internet essential for their mobile lifestyle.
In thanks for their support our members go deeper with our content - and receive benefits that help them save money, stay up to date, learn, get guidance and make informed choices.
Our goal is to save you time, money and frustration.
Other Resources We Offer:
- Our book: The Mobile Internet Handbook (5th Edition now available!).
- Our glossary: Mobile Internet Glossary
- Our app: Coverage? overlays the cellular carrier's coverage maps so you can better plan your travels around connectivity.
- Stay in the Know - We track the industry and analyze new developments for mobile travelers:
- Browse our Resource Center / Guides for more detailed guides.
- Go to school in our Mobile Internet University which walks you through the basics to the more advanced at your pace.
- Browse our Gear Center for information on gear & plans we track.
- Visit our Video Center for guides, tutorials and news stories.
- Have questions?