What is a Tech Cabinet?
In a house or office, this is the area where internet cables enter from the outside world and are plugged into tech gadgets like modems, routers, back-up drives, and servers.
Since mobile dwellings (i.e. RVs, vans, boats) are typically smaller than a house or office, most folks don't have the space to dedicate an entire room to storing tech gadgets.
Nomads also don't typically rely on hardwired internet sources, meaning they need a few additional pieces of tech in mix to get those hours of adorable cat videos into their lives.
Instead of dedicating a room to the task - it is often ideal to just stick all your connectivity gear into a cabinet.
Read on to learn some best practices on how to do this.
In this Guide:
- Video Overview
- Benefits of a Tech Cabinet
- Consideration for your Tech Cabinet
- Optimizing for Centralization
- Tech Cabinet Samples (Member Submitted!)
This Guide Contains
Member Only Content
We are honored that we are member & reader funded. It allows us to create unbiased guides and product information, including free content here on the resource center. In thanks for their support, our members get first access to our in-depth guides.
If you're a member, please log in above to gain full access to this guide - or if you're not yet:
Benefits of a premium membership include:
- Product overviews & reviews
- Mobile Internet University (our classroom) & eTextbook
- Special MIA newsletters
- Private Q&A forums
- Interactive member only webinars
- A community of fellow nomads relying on mobile internet
Ready for more?
Check out the course at:
Is internet essential to your mobile lifestyle?
It is our passion to provide informative unbiased content and have made it our job to track this constantly evolving industry.
We stay on top of the technology
so that you can focus on what drives you!
We could provide of this without the support of those who chose to become members who fund this resource center. We do not accept sponsorships, third party advertising and we do not resell anything. We strive to be an unbiased community funded resource.
Become a member starting at $65/year
Our premium membership - Mobile Internet Aficionados - is designed for those who consider internet essential for their mobile lifestyle.
In thanks for their support our members go deeper with our content - and receive benefits that help them save money, stay up to date, learn, get guidance and make informed choices.
Our goal is to save you time, money and frustration.
Other Resources We Offer:
- Our book: The Mobile Internet Handbook (5th Edition due out by end of January 2018!)
- Our glossary: Mobile Internet Glossary
- Our app: Coverage? overlays the cellular carrier's coverage maps so you can better plan your travels around connectivity.
- Stay in the Know - We track the industry and analyze new developments for mobile travelers:
- Browse our Resource Center / Guides for further detailed guides.
- Browse our Gear Center for information on gear & plans we track.
- Visit our Video Center for guides, tutorials and news stories.
- Have questions? Members are encouraged to post in our Member Forums or Private Facebook group or participate in our member Q&A webinars. We also host a free Internet for RVers & Cruisers Facebook Group where we are happy to help with basic questions.