With the 8.3.1 firmware update, Peplink is adding additional features to the MAX BR1 Mini and Mini Core routers on Prime Care that were previously only available via purchasing a $99 feature pack.
Specifically, the features include Wi-Fi-as-WAN, Ethernet WAN, and Speedfusion hot failover and bonding. Getting these features, however, requires the newest HW3 hardware and an active Prime Care subscription, which is $49 a year for the BR1 Mini, along with firmware version 8.3.1 or higher.
Previously, these features could only be unlocked with a one-time $99 licensing fee, which is still available for those who don't keep Prime Care active on their router.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- The MAX BR1 Mini and Mini Core routers now have all features enabled with an active Prime Care subscription.
- This especially benefits those purchasing a BR1 Mini, as they don't need to pay the extra licensing fee to access these features immediately.
- This benefit requires a BR1 Mini with hardware version 3 (HW3) and firmware 8.3.1.
To Purchase Peplink MAX BR1 Mini:
If you're interested in purchasing any of the items mentioned in this article, here are affiliate links for the vendors where they can be purchased. Using these links helps support MIRC's mission.
- MobileMustHave: MAX BR1 Mini with Cat-6 Modem | MAX BR1 Mini with Cat-7 Modem
- TechnoRV: MAX BR1 Mini with Cat-7 Modem
If you're an MIA, please be logged in to use your vendor discounts instead - they pass along our affiliate kickbacks to you!
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center: