T-Mobile rental/lease unlimited data plans are available from a variety of rental/lease vendors.
These resellers often offer plans based on the (now retired) 'T-Mobile One' smartphone plan. Those plans are subject to the same limitations as any other 'T-Mobile One' plan - including video throttling (SD/5Mbps) and Network Management at 50GB.
Many T-Mobile vendors are only able to sell/lease to verified businesses.
In addition, the plans typically don't work on T-Mobile branded devices and equipment purchases may be required.
Renting/Leasing T-Mobile Unlimited Data Plans
When renting or leasing a data plan, you are paying a vendor for use of the line, and do not have a direct relationship with T-Mobile.
For T-Mobile rental/lease plans specifically, there is typically an upfront device cost due to how these plans are implemented to get around hotspot restrictions through T-Mobile direct. The monthly costs to the customer are also generally substantially higher than the actual cost the broker is paying for the line.
As with all third party resellers, consider that the vendor may NOT have an official relationship with the carrier and service could be terminated with little notice.
What You Need to Know
- Upfront costs are set by the vendor, and usually include the purchase of a mobile hotspot device or router. If you are being forced to purchase a device, make sure it is a current model that supports all of T-Mobile's coverage - including Band 71. Check our Gear Center for the current best options.
- Expect to pay upfront device costs - depending on what is included.
- Monthly costs are also set by the vendor, based on current market demand. This is a month-to-month agreement, which gives you flexibility to discontinue service as needed. But remember, no-contract goes two ways - we have heard several reports of unexpected price increases by vendors.
- Soft Data Caps: Some rental vendors now have data caps ranging from 200-500GB a month put in place.
- Have a Back-Up Option: We highly recommend having an alternate way online if you rely on one of these plans. Remember, these plans can get shut down with little notice (for contract breach, your vendor not paying their bill, etc).
Vendors We Track
Resellers may show 'out of stock' depending on current inventory and availability. And plans may actually come with data caps. Please be sure to read each vendor's fine print - and ask questions - before committing to purchasing a device or paying an up-front fee.
- Impact Wireless - $59.99 - 69.99/mo
- Infinite LTE Data - $59.99 - 69.99/mo
- Millenicom - $70-95/mo (Canada/Mexico included)
- 4G Antenna Shop - $75-200/mo
- WirelessBuy.com - $79/mo
- Unlimited LTE Advanced - $89/mo
- RVDataSat - $85-99/mo
- Konnected Technology - $89.95/mo
- Suros Wireless - $95/mo
- BlazingHog - $99/mo
- RV IT Guy - $99/mo (includes unlimited tech support)
- UnlimitedIRL - $139/mo (their terms do state - no home internet replacement)
- UnlimitedtoGo (Pink) - $139.99/mo
- Unlimitedville (Pink): $149/mo with 500GB soft cap
Data Vendors & Brokers: Want to be listed? Please be in touch at email@example.com and introduce yourself and what you offer. We take absolutely no listing fees, advertisement dollars or kickbacks for listings. You must host your own web storefront (eBay not eligible) where customers can transparently learn about the details of your offering.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.