T-Mobile rental/lease unlimited data plans are available from a variety of rental/lease vendors.
These resellers often offer plans based on the (now retired) 'T-Mobile One' smartphone plan. Those plans are subject to the same limitations as any other 'T-Mobile One' plan - including video throttling (SD/5Mbps) and Network Management at 50GB.
Many T-Mobile vendors are only able to sell/lease to verified businesses.
In addition, the plans typically don't work on T-Mobile branded devices and equipment purchases may be required.
Renting/Leasing T-Mobile Unlimited Data Plans
When renting or leasing a data plan, you are paying a vendor for use of the line, and do not have a direct relationship with T-Mobile.
For T-Mobile rental/lease plans specifically, there is typically an upfront device cost due to how these plans are implemented to get around hotspot restrictions through T-Mobile direct. The monthly costs to the customer are also generally substantially higher than the actual cost the broker is paying for the line.
As with all third-party resellers, consider that the vendor may NOT have an official relationship with the carrier and service could be terminated with little notice. Have a back-up plan in mind should this happen.
In some cases, there is also a small possibility of devices used on unauthorized lines could get blacklisted by the carrier for future use on their network.
What You Need to Know
- Upfront costs are set by the vendor, and might include the purchase of a mobile hotspot device or router.
- Cellular Device Notes
- If you are being forced to purchase a device, make sure it is a current model that supports T-Mobile's coverage.
- Band 71 is critically important to get T-Mobile's coverage outside of urban areas - it's their long range 600 Mhz spectrum they're using to deploy in more rural areas.
- Check our Gear Center for Band 71 Support: Mobile Hotspots and Modems | Mobile Routers
- Many resellers can NOT activate a T-Mobile data only device on these plans - T-Mobile typically has unlimited plans blocked from data only devices.
- Monthly costs are also set by the vendor, based on current market demand. This is a month-to-month agreement, which gives you flexibility to discontinue service as needed. But remember, no-contract goes two ways - we have heard several reports of unexpected price increases by vendors.
- Soft Data Caps: Some rental vendors now have data caps, be sure to read the fine print or inquire to understand these.
- Have a Back-Up Option: We highly recommend having an alternate way online if you rely on one of these plans. Remember, these plans can get shut down with little notice (for contract breach, your vendor not paying their bill, etc).
Vendors We Track
Resellers may show 'out of stock' depending on current inventory and availability. And plans may actually come with data caps. Please be sure to read each vendor's fine print - and ask questions - before committing to purchasing a device or paying an up-front fee.
- TravelData - $68/month (Currently not accepting any new customers due to personnel shortages related to COVID-19, but they are still servicing existing customers.)
- Lamb Wireless - $70/month
- Instant-Internet - $70/month
- ATTHotSpot - $70/month
- Lamb Wireless - $75/month
- Infinite LTE Data - $79.99/month
- One World Wireless - $79.99/month
- Instant-Internet - $80/month
- RV-4G - $82/month
- Bix Wireless - $85/month
- USLTE - $89/month
- OTR Mobile - $90/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- IHQ Internet for Rural USA - $95/month
- Millenicom - $95/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- Unlimited LTE Advanced - $99/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- RVDataSat - $99/month
- BlazingHog - $99/month
- RV IT Guy - $99/month - includes unlimited tech support (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- Nomad Internet - $99/month
- WaveNet - $99/month
- EVDO Depot USA - $129 - $139/month
- TechNowzi - $160-280/month
- UnlimitedIRL - $139/month
- UnlimitedtoGo (Pink) - $139.99/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- Unlimitedville (Pink): $149/month (See Our Gear Center Entry)
- Konnected Technology - $149.95/month
Data Vendors & Brokers: Want to be listed? Please be in touch at [email protected] and introduce yourself and what you offer. We take absolutely no listing fees, advertisement dollars or kickbacks for listings. You must host your own web storefront (eBay not eligible) where customers can transparently learn about the details of your offering.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.