The 8000 is almost identical to the Verizon flagship mobile hotspot, the Jetpack 8800L. The two primary differences are supported LTE bands and branding.
Warning: Possible Network Drops & Reboots
The Verizon 8800L, which is almost identical to the Sprint MiFi 8000, has experienced network dropouts and spontaneous reboots since the 8800L was released in October 2018.
It's currently unknown if these same issues affect the Sprint MiFi 8000.
However, we expect a firmware fix for the Verizon hotspots soon. Members interested in tracking this issue can interact in this Special Announcements Thread:
- Model Number: Inseego MiFi 8000
- # of Connected Devices: 15 Wi-Fi / Supports USB Tethering
- Control Panel and Default Password:
- USB Tethering Support:
- WiFiRanger Tethering: Not tested, but works great in the Verizon version
- Pepwave Tethering: Note tested, but works great in the Verizon version (except for Surf On-The-Go)
- Networks supported:
- Sprint LTE Bands: 25, 26, 41
- Other LTE Bands: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28, 66
- Future LTE Bands (with a software update): 1, 8, 18, 19, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 42
- LAA Bands: 46, 48 (CBRS)
- FirstNet: Band 14 (requires a FirstNet Plan to utilize)
- 4G/3G: HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz - Global roaming supported.
- 2G: GSM EDGE - Quad-band global roaming.
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: Yes, including LAA
- MIMO Support: 4X4 internal, and 2X2 external
- LTE Performance Category: Category 18 (Max Theoretical Speed: 1200Mbps Down / 150Mbps Up)
- Cellular Antenna Ports:
- 2x TS9 'Test Ports' (not official antenna ports), overwrites internal 4x4 MIMO antennas
- Right port is the primary port, for uploads.
- Other Ports: USB-C
- Wi-Fi Technology / Frequencies: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 2.8" x 0.75" / 5.71 oz
- SIM Card Type: 4FF / Nano SIM
- Retail Price: $240 / $2.50/month with 24 month installment contract
Review & Testing Status
We have not reviewed the MiFi 8000, but are attempting to acquire one for testing.
We have, however, extensively reviewed the Verizon version which is almost identical - the Jetpack 8800L. Please see our Verizon 8800L review for the full details.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile hotspots on the market - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting mobile hotspots and best utilizing them in your mobile internet setup.