Globalstar offers two different satellite receiving devices:
Before you rush to sign up for this perfect-sounding solution...
The catch with SatFi is that the data speed is 9.6Kbps (vintage mid-1990s modem speeds), and the included data only covers basic email, weather updates, SMS text messages, posting to FaceBook and tweeting on Twitter (not reading), super compressed photos, and very little else.
Up to 8 Sat-Fi users will be able to connect to a single unit at a time.
The plans are quite expensive.
- Main Function: Basic Satellite Communicator
- Satellite Network: Globalstar
- Sat-Fi: ?
- Sat-Fi 2: up to 28 hours on standby and up to 2 hours of talk time.
- Sat-Fi: ?
- Sat-Fi 2: 12.6oz
- Sat-Fi: 6.3'' x 6.3'' x 2.4''
- Sat-Fi 2: 1.5'' x 2.9 '' x 5.8''
- Sat-Fi: ?
- Sat-Fi 2: Water 'resistant'
- GPS Location: Yes
We do not intend to obtain a setup to test.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured mobile satellite options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
- Amazon to Alaska: "No Satellite Internet For You" Posted on: July 11, 2019
- SpaceX Launches First Sixty Starlink Satellites - Building a Massive Global Broadband Constellation Posted on: May 24, 2019
- Billionaires Battle for Space Dominance: Amazon's "Project Kuiper" Promises Global Broadband Posted on: April 4, 2019
- OneWeb Launches First 6 Satellites Towards Ambitious Global Broadband Constellation Posted on: February 28, 2019
- Upgrade Complete: Final Ten Iridium Next Satellites Launched! Posted on: January 14, 2019