The WiFi receiving component (whether the indoor unit placed in a window or the outdoor unit mounted on a ladder) is a USB powered WiFi radio that can connect directly to a single computer to get it online, or it can act as a WiFi-as-WAN receiver when paired with the "USB Repeater" module which then acts as a router, creating a local WiFi network so that multiple devices can get online and share the upstream connection.
The Alfa hardware has a solid reputation for picking up weak WiFi well at long range - but there is no option for interfacing directly with any cellular modems.
The feature set is very basic, but for some the price is right.
Specifications - Alfa R36 & AWUS036NH
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- Cellular Tethering via USB: Yes, 3G Only
- Integrated Cellular Modem: No
- Ethernet Ports: 1x (WAN / LAN Configurable) ?
- Special Features:
- Power Source: 12V or 110V AC
- Dimensions: 5.8" x 5.0" x 1.6"
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: R36 Router: $99.99 | AWUS036NH WiFi Antenna: $59.99
We are thrilled & honored to be primarily member & reader funded - allowing us to present unbiased content. The in-depth review section of this product listing is part of the premium membership benefits of joining. Members can also leave their own reviews on products.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the in-depth review for this product and/or leave your own review. If you've not joined yet, learn more about membership at:
- While TechnoRV's prices will usually be bit a higher, they also include step-by-step instructions & videos with your purchase, and provide RVer specific customer support. If you're not technically proficient, we recommend buying from them.
Pepwave Surf On-The-Go
A basic and affordable dedicated WiFi extending option.