- Black Wireless no longer offers plans on the T-Mobile network, they now offer plans on AT&T
- Customers who signed up for plans on the T-Mobile network are now having their plans canceled by Black Wireless
- Customers with canceled plans are offered the choice of either moving to an AT&T based plan, or porting to a different service
Black Wireless, a subsidiary of Red Pocket Mobile, began offering plans on the T-Mobile Network in early February 2020. Their multi-month plans in particular were pretty attractive, offering 70GB of data for only $25/month.
But the multi-month plans became unavailable after only a few short weeks - as of February 26th, they were listed as "temporarily sold out" on their website. Customers who activated those plans during the time period when they were available were able to continue using them.
As of April 6th, we have received several reports of Black Wireless customers on T-Mobile based plans having their plans canceled effective April 10th. Apparently Black Wireless will no longer offer any plans on T-Mobile, and we have confirmed with their support staff that they currently only offer plans on AT&T - that are more expensive and provide less data. They do offer multi-month plans again, but they are not as attractive as the previous plans - the largest plan only comes with 5G of high speed data.
Customers whose plans are being canceled are being offered the choice of moving to Black Wireless's AT&T based plans, or porting to a different service by April 10 and receiving a refund.
Mango Mobile is a similar Red Pocket owned MVNO that also originally offered the same 70GB/$25 multi-month plan, but also had those plans disappear from their site in late February. At this point they appear to still offer other plans on the T-Mobile network, and we have not received any reports of customers being canceled. We will continue to monitor this and update this story if we see any reports of that happening. UPDATE (4/16/20): Reports of Mango Mobile Plan Cancellations
If you are a current Black Wireless customer on a plan that was based on the T-Mobile network, you should make your decision very soon.
- Red Pocket Updates Plans - Discarding Unlimited Plans While Adding GBs to Other Plans Posted on: November 24, 2020
- Mango Mobile Discontinues T-Mobile Yearly Plan, Cancels Service Posted on: April 16, 2020
- Black Wireless No Longer offering T-Mobile Plans, Current Customers Canceled Effective April 10 Posted on: April 7, 2020
- Shifting Landscape at FreedomPop, UNREAL, Ting & RedPocket Posted on: July 9, 2019