- New Firmware Version NTG9X50C_12.06.39.00_ATT_06.14 Rolled Out for AT&T Netgear Nighthawk
- Not much of interest with this update.
"Insight Mobile Device Management (MDM) manager and On-device data usage feature removal"
Removal of the Insight MDM feature will not impact consumers as the Insight MDM was a business device-management tool. It's not clear at press time what the removal of the "on-device data usage feature" means. In our own testing with the new firmware, the home screen still shows estimated device data usage.
The previous firmware for this device was released on February 28th, 2021, and contained more significant changes for consumers.
The Netgear Nighthawk Device
We have a full gear center detailing the specs of the Netgear Nighthawk, here:
What is a firmware update?
The devices we use today inevitably become outdated with the advent of newer technologies - sometimes rather quickly.
To cope with this advancement in technology, device manufacturers and/or the companies currently supporting the device update the device's firmware to utilize new technologies. They also use firmware updates to remedy glitches or bugs that have been noted after a device has been released to the public.
Firmware is at its core, a set of instructions needed for a device to perform the tasks that it was built for. In simpler words, it is the programming that is responsible to run the machine. Firmware is used to execute the functions of the hardware.
- AT&T Rolls Out New Firmware Verison NTG9X50C_12.06.39.00_ATT_06.14 The Netgear MR1100 Nighthawk Posted on: July 6, 2021
- New Firmware Version NTG9X50C_12.06.21.00 Rolled Out for AT&T Netgear Nighthawk Posted on: March 2, 2021
- First AT&T 5G Mobile Hotspot Available for Consumers - Netgear Nighthawk 5G Mobile Hotspot Pro Posted on: September 16, 2020
- Verizon Pushes 2A Firmware Update to Inseego 8800L MiFi Jetpack Posted on: May 13, 2020