- New Firmware Version NTG9X50C_12.06.21.00 Rolled Out for AT&T Netgear Nighthawk
- Some positive and some negative results being reported
A new firmware build was released on February 28th, 2021 for AT&T's version of the Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot device.
Unfortunately, the patch notes, other than "Device Performance and other improvements" have not been made public as of this writing.
However, we have had a few members note some changes in their ability to participate in higher-level functions, and also some increases in the perceived speed noted while using the device.
The Netgear Nighthawk Device
We have a full gear center detailing the specs of the Netgear Nightawk, here:
What is a firmware update?
The devices we use today inevitably become outdated with the advent of newer technologies - sometimes rather quickly.
To cope with this advancement in technology, device manufacturers and/or the companies currently supporting the device update the device's firmware to utilize new technologies. They also use firmware updates to remedy glitches or bugs that have been noted after a device has been released to the public.
Firmware is at its core, a set of instructions needed for a device to perform the tasks that it was built for. In simpler words, it is the programming that is responsible to run the machine. Firmware is used to execute the functions of the hardware.
- AT&T Rolls Out New Firmware Verison NTG9X50C_12.06.39.00_ATT_06.14 The Netgear MR1100 Nighthawk Posted on: July 6, 2021
- New Firmware Version NTG9X50C_12.06.21.00 Rolled Out for AT&T Netgear Nighthawk Posted on: March 2, 2021
- First AT&T 5G Mobile Hotspot Available for Consumers - Netgear Nighthawk 5G Mobile Hotspot Pro Posted on: September 16, 2020
- Verizon Pushes 2A Firmware Update to Inseego 8800L MiFi Jetpack Posted on: May 13, 2020