5GB of mobile hotspot data can be purchased for an extra $10/month as needed.
AT&T offers two prepaid unlimited smartphone plans, here are the key differences between them:
- The $65 Prepaid Unlimited Plan is subject to Network Management at any time, the $75 plan is only subject to Network Management after 22GB of high-speed data.
- The $65 plan caps streaming speed at 480p, the $75 plan has 1080p streaming speed (if Stream Saver is turned off).
- The $65 plan includes no mobile hotspot use but can be added for $10 for 5GB, the $75 plan includes 10GB of high speed mobile hotspot and now you can add additional hotspot as needed.
AT&T is currently still offering a $20/line discount on the $65 and $75 Prepaid Unlimited plans if you enroll in auto-pay. This promotion is good through 1/9/2020.
Update: As of 11/21/19, AT&T has updated their prepaid pages, and it now showing that 10GB of mobile hotspot data IS still included on the $75 plan. Initially, this feature had been removed.
- AT&T Raises Price on 100GB Prepaid Hotspot/Router Data Plan - Now $90/mo Posted on: June 22, 2022
- FMCA Tech Connect+ Data Plan Transitioning from T-Mobile to AT&T - $59.99/mo Unlimited Hotspot Posted on: June 7, 2022
- AT&T Unlimited Premium Replaces Unlimited Elite for Consumers: Now With 50GB Mobile Hotspot Data Posted on: June 6, 2022
- Cellphone Carriers Planning Price Increases Posted on: May 16, 2022
- New AT&T Flagship Hotspots Announced: Netgear Nighthawk M6 and M6 Pro, First With Qualcomm X65 Modem Posted on: April 22, 2022