T-Mobile is introducing a new tier of service for its postpaid smartphone plan lineup called the Base Essentials Plan. This is a starter-level phone plan with minimal features and becomes available on April 21st, 2022.
The plan is priced at $45.00 for 1 line and 4 lines is $120.00. The plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 20 GB of high-speed data, but slows to useable 1.5Mbps after 20GB usage. There is no high-speed mobile hotspot included but the plan does include unlimited mobile hotspot at 3G speeds (600kbps).
This plan is really only suitable for those with modest data needs (less than 20 GB) and want a plan under $50.00.
Key Mobile Internet Related Considerations:
- This plan does not come with a lot of data, and we do not consider this plan applicable to the majority of our audience.
- This new plan officially releases on April 21, 2022.
For more information:
Related Content at the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
- Gear: Postpaid plans by T-Mobile(Cellular Data Plans)
- Guide: Top Pick Cellular Data Plans for Rvers & Cruisers
- Guide: Which Cellular Carrier is Best for RV or Boat Mobile Internet
- T-Mobile Home Internet Adds Sercomm 5G Router With Antenna Ports And An Optional External Antenna Posted on: November 2, 2023
- T-Mobile Forcing Customers on Older Smartphone Plans To Upgrade Unless They Opt Out Posted on: October 12, 2023
- T-Mobile Announces New Go5G Next Plan With Ability to Upgrade Devices Every Year Posted on: August 21, 2023
- T-Mobile Changes Global Plus 15GB Add-on, Removing Unlimited Domestic Hotspot Posted on: July 31, 2023
- Netflix Eliminates Basic Plan - But T-Mobile Will Continue To Offer It Posted on: July 20, 2023
- T-Mobile Announces Two New Smartphone Plans - Go5G and Go5G Plus With More Hotspot and Canada/Mexico Data Posted on: April 20, 2023