And speaking of the cables - they seem to come in a wide range of sizes and flavors too. Just what are the differences?
Adapters are available to bridge the gaps, but they aren't always easy to find - particularly if you don't even know the proper names for Tab A and Slot B.
Or is it SMA, FME, and TS-9?
Is the end male or female? Is the polarity reversed? What does that even mean?!?
We're here to help...
Included in this Guide:
- Antenna Cable
- Cable End Connectors
- Cable Adapters
- Conclusion: Don't Be Afraid to Adapt
We are honored to be funded by our community - allowing us to provide free basic content on this resource center.
We do not resell products, gear or plans and do not accept sponsorships or 3rd party advertising - our goal is to be an unbiased informational and educational resource.
In thanks for their support, our premium members get access to the more in-depth portions of this guide- and first access to new content created.
If you're a member, please log in for full access to this guide - or if you're not yet:
Other benefits of a premium membership include:
- Product Reviews
- Mobile Internet University (our classroom) & Book
- Special MIA Newsletters & Alerts
- Discounts (which can save you more than the cost of membership!)
- Private Q&A forums & Interactive webinars
- A community of fellow nomads relying on mobile internet