AT&T reseller OTR Mobile has become a popular unlimited data plan option for RVers and cruisers since they launched last year offering $60/month unlimited data plans for hotspots and routers.
This week, they have rolled out a significant revamp of their plan offerings, adding two new options and announcing price increases on their month-to-month plan for those that don't lock-in service by September 1st, 2019.
All plans will continue to include unlimited data on the AT&T network with no throttling, data caps, network management deprioritization or video stream caps. See our Gear Center entry for more details.
Here are the two new options, available now:
- A 1-Year plan for $660 (paid upfront, works out to $55/month)
- A 90-day plan for $180 (paid upfront, works out to $60/month)
Additionally, the month-to-month service is still available for $60/month, but starting September 1, 2019, prices on the month-to-month option will increase to $70 a month ($65/month with auto-renew).
Current and new customers can lock in the $60/month price going forward by enabling auto-renew by September 1st, but customers who are month-to-month but don't sign up for auto-renew will see prices increase to $70/month.
OTR Mobile states that those who are grandfathered into the $60/month auto-renew price will keep that rate unless they have two failed payments in a single year.
Additionally, OTR Mobile will soon begin selling cellular antennas and Peplink modems.
Video Version of This Story:
Update: In the beginning of September, OTR Mobile's announced plan changes were launched. However by mid-month their website had reverted back to the original $60/month pricing. OTR Mobile confirmed with us that they had to roll back the pricing, but could give us no further information - and said the pricing should stay around for a while.
- AT&T Business Revamps Smartphone Plan Lineup - Including New Unlimited Premium Plan with 200GB Hotspot Data Posted on: September 19, 2023
- AT&T Reducing Autopay Discount When Using Credit Cards Posted on: July 20, 2023
- AT&T Increases Prices on Retired Hotspot Plans (Including Unlimited Plus) and Unlimited Elite Smartphone Plan Posted on: June 27, 2023
- AT&T Lowers Price on Business Wireless Broadband Plans - Unlimited Speed Tiered Data Starting at $65/mo Posted on: February 28, 2023
- The Franklin A50 - A New 5G Mobile Hotspot For AT&T Posted on: February 24, 2023