Yahoo!Mobile is an app based Verizon direct prepaid brand for smartphones.
All Yahoo Mobile data usage is always subject to network management. Video is reduced to 480p resolution as well (DVD quality).
Yahoo Mobile does not include any Canada, Mexico or international calling, texting, or data usage.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
Table of Contents
Currently Available Plan Options:
- Unlimited: $39.99/month - single line
Plan Perks & Policies:
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon 4G LTE / Native
- Carrier Relation: Direct subsidiary
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Compatible smartphone models
- Device Purchase Required: No, but offered
- Mobile Hotspot Use:
- Throttling: On device data is full-speed. Hotspot data is throttled to a maximum speed of 5 Mbps
- Network Management: Always
- International Roaming: None
- Domestic Roaming: None
- Plan Period: Monthly
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- No streaming services are provided as a perk with Yahoo Mobile.
- Video is "typically" reduced to 480p resolution (DVD quality)
- Unlimited: Yes
- Lines permitted per account: 1
- Extras: Plan is activated and terminated via the Yahoo app. Yahoo Pro Email is included with the plan - with up to 1k GB of storage.
In April 2019, one of our team members acquired a Visible plan, which is a very very similar service provided as a sister company of Yahoo Mobile. In June 2019, the line was re-activated to test the new high-speed on device data offer made by Visible.
Our hands on report is shared on our Visible Gear Center page.
Story Updates and Videos:
- Cellular Carriers Add Extra Data in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic Posted on: March 24, 2020
- Verizon Launches Yahoo!Mobile - Based on Visible - Unlimited Data for $39.99 Posted on: March 11, 2020
- Visible Introduces Party Pay - Reducing Cost of Unlimited Verizon Plan to As Low as $25/month Posted on: October 31, 2019
- Visible Removes Speed Cap from $40/month Unlimited Verizon Plan - Mobile Hotspot Remains Throttled at 5Mbps Posted on: June 26, 2019
- Verizon Based Visible $40/mo Smartphone Plan Enables Android Compatibility, Hotspot Use Official Posted on: January 24, 2019
- Visible by Verizon is Officially Available to (almost) All Posted on: September 27, 2018
- Verizon Based Visible Prepaid Service Enables Mobile Hotspot Feature On Beta Basis Posted on: June 22, 2018
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
Thoughts & Analysis
- Cheap, unlimited data option
- Full speed data on device
- Verizon 4G LTE Native coverage area
- Mobile hotspot use included, capped to 5 Mbps
- No activation fees
- Includes Yahoo Pro Email with plan
- Requires shipment of a physical Visible SIM card first (free)
- All mobile hotspot data is throttled to a maximum of 5mbps speed
- Higher ping times
- Always subject to network management
- Hotspot is limited to a single device connection at a time
- Phone lines only - no tablet or Jetpack option
- No access to Verizon's roaming partners or 3G coverage map
If you are interested in Yahoo Mobile, we strongly suggest researching Visible instead - it's the same service, but can be cheaper with PartyPay.
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.