The Gateway is built by Taiwan-based Askey Computer Corp and combines a category 12 cellular modem, ethernet ports, Wi-Fi, a small battery, a phone jack, and basic router capabilities. There are no external antenna ports for getting a better signal.
The device is only available to subscribers of T-Mobile's LTE-based home internet service, which is designed to provide broadband internet connections to fixed residential addresses.
This service is tied to the sign-up location and cannot be used as a mobile internet option. We are only covering this in our Gear Center as it's an option RVers and Cruisers might be considering, but really is only suitable for those who are stationary.
We do not consider this device/service to be viable as mobile internet.
- Model: TM-RTL0102 LTE WiFi Gateway
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: 20
- Wi-Fi Router:
- Control Panel and Default Password:
Control Panel Access: http://192.168.1.1 or via mobile app
Default Password: Default Admin username: Admin, Default Password written on device sticker
- USB Tethering Support: No (no USB port)
- Ethernet Ports: 3x Gigabit ports - 1x LAN/WAN, 2xLAN
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 4.9 x 2.2 inches
- Other Ports: Phone (RJ-11)
- Power Source: A/C adapter (12V/ 2A)
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Special Features: N/A
- Retail Price: Included with service, $207 if the device not returned when service ends.
The only data plan available with this device is the T-Mobile Home Internet service. Since the plan becomes locked to the first address activated at, it does not work like a traditional cellular data plan - it is not mobile.
- Unlimited Data ) =$50/month (taxes & fees included)
Details & Perks
- Carrier Networks Used: T-Mobile
- Carrier Relation: Direct
- Plan Types Available: Data
- Device Types Permitted: T-Mobile LTE WiFi Gateway
- Device Purchase Required: Included with monthly service
- Mobile Hotspot Use: All
- Throttling: No
- Network Management:
- Always subject to Network Management.
- International Roaming: No
- Domestic Roaming: None
- Plan Period: Month
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Streaming: HD video included, but Live TV streaming is not supported.
- Unlimited: Yes
Review & Testing Status
We have not tested this device and plan.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!