This device or plan has been discontinued or we consider it obsolete. While current owners of this device or plan may continue to find performance to be adequate for the foreseeable tech-future, we do not recommend upgrading to or purchasing it.
AMZ Mobile offers one plan - an unlimited plan for $59.95/month.
All data in the plan is high-speed (maybe....see below) and 15GB of data can be used as mobile hotspot.
Their language around network management and throttling is a bit confusing. Their Plan Features page indicates that all unlimited data is "LTE Data," and their Terms and Conditions indicate that the data may be subject to network management after 22GB.
But in their language around streaming, the Plan Features page states that "After 22GB of data usage AT&T will slow speeds." And their FAQ page also states "Throttling doesn’t start until 22GB."
So it's a little unclear to us whether the plan is subject network management, throttling.....or both. We've reached out to AMZ for clarification.
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T
- Carrier Relationship: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Smartphones and hotspots
- Unlimited: Yes, but possibly subject to network management after 22GB
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Yes, up to 15GB
- Throttling: wording on their site indicates there may be some hard throttling after 22GB on streaming data, but it's not very clear.
- Network Management: Yes, after 22GB - maybe.
- Steaming: HD, up to 22GB
- 5G: No
- Device Purchase Required: No
- Plan Period: Monthly
- International Roaming: Yes, Mexico and Canada only.
- International roaming data "cannot exceed 50% of total data usage for two consecutive months." If you violate this rule, AT&T may remove international roaming capability.
- Domestic Roaming: Not specified
- Data Roll Over: No
- Overage Charges: No
- Lines Permitted per Account: Unspecified
- Extras: A referral program called the 7-to-Freedom Program. If you refer 7 customers who sign up for service, then you will not be charged a monthly fee.
For Our Comparative Pricing Grid:
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content!
We are Honored to be Member Funded! No ads, no sponsors, no selling (but may contain affiliate links)
Our members fund our in-depth independent reviews.
This entry may contain additional member exclusive content such as testing notes, field testing data, user interface tours, comparisons to alternatives, analysis, tips, videos and discounts.
Members also get interactive guidance, alerts, classroom and more.
Shopping for Cellular Data Plans
Finding the right plans for your needs is no easy task - quite simply mobile travelers using cellular data as their primary way online is not how most carriers have designed their plans. Many of us want plans that provide copious amounts of data.
Understanding the different plan terms (like network management, throttling, hotspot data, video resolution) is key to determining if a plan will meet your needs or not. You also need plans that are suitable for use in the device you want to use them in - such as smartphone, mobile hotspot device or cellular embedded router.
To learn more about shopping for dataplans, check out these key guides:
As heavily as the carriers push their "Unlimited' data plans - you'll quickly discover that most have limits. Here's a video going over what you need to know about unlimited plans, including 3rd party resellers plans that you might find on the internet:
But a data plan alone will not keep you online - it's only one part of the equation. You also need the right gear and signal enhancing strategy.
For more education on assembling a cellular centric mobile internet setup, head on over to our collection of guides: