H2O Wireless is an MVNO offering prepaid AT&T based phone plans. They also offer data only plans under the name H2O Bolt.
H20 Wireless plans include unlimited talk and text.
H2O Bolt plans are capped data only - often with a mix of LTE speed and 2G speed data combined into a single bucket.
Currently Available Plans:
- 15GB at 4G LTE, then unlimited up to 2G - $40
- 24GB at 4G LTE, then unlimited up to 2G - $50
- 30GB at 4G LTE, then unlimited up to 2G, with full mobile hotspot of 30GB - $60
- 10GB (5GB LTE + 5GB 2G speeds) - 30 Days - $50
- 14GB (7GB LTE + 7GB 2G speeds) - 30 Days - $70
- 20GB (10GB LTE + 10GB 2G speeds) - 30 Days - $90
- Carrier Networks Used: AT&T
- Carrier Relationship: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- H20 Wireless: Smartphone
- H20 Bolt: Data Only
- Device Types Permitted: Hotspots, Tablets, Phone
- H20 Wireless: Yes, on the $50 and $60 plans, but high speed is capped at 24GB and 30GB, respectively.
- H20 Bolt: No
- High Speed Mobile Hotspot Use:
- H20 Wireless: Yes, on the $54 plan. All 30GB of high speed data can be used as mobile hotspot.
- H20 Bolt: Yes, all data
- H20 Wireless: All data speeds are capped to download max of 8 Mpbs (LTE). After data cap is reached, speeds are further slowed to 2G speeds.
- H20 Bolt: After high speed data cap, data is throttled to 2G speeds.
- Network Management: Always behind native postpaid customers.
- Video Streaming Resolution:
- H20 Wireless: 480p (DVD quality)
- H20 Bolt: Not specified, likely 480p
- 5G Access: No
- Device Purchase Required: No, but can purchase a device
- Plan Period: 30 days
- International Roaming: None
- Domestic Roaming: None
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None
- Lines Permitted per Account:
- Extras: None
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
Some of our TOP PICK Cellular Data Plans to also consider:
Related News & Videos:
- AT&T-Based MVNOs H20 Wireless and PureTalk USA Increase Data Limits on Smartphone Plans Posted on: June 4, 2020
- H20 Wireless Enables Personal Mobile Hotspot on Unlimited (30GB) Phone Plan Posted on: November 5, 2019
- AT&T Based Prepaid Mobile Hotspot Plans with H20 Wireless' 'Bolt' Posted on: January 25, 2017
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.