This is a basic communicator for sharing your location, emergency contact and retrieving weather information. You use your smartphone to control and operate the Bivy device and features.
The Bivy can also serve as an external battery pack, by charging other mobile devices.
There's not annual contract needed to use the device. You instead purchase credits each month, which are redeemed for each text message, location share, weather report or hour of tracking. Pricing ranges from $17.99 for 10 credits to $34.99 for 100 credits.
- Main Function: Basic Satellite Communicator
- Satellite Network: Iridium
- Battery: Up to 500 hours at 10-minute tracking or 1-2 complete smartphone charges; and up to 1 year when powered off
- Weight: 7 oz
- Dimensions: 1 5/8" x 5 5/8" x 1 1/8"
- Waterproof: IPX6 (pending)
- GPS Location: Yes
- Price: $349
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured mobile satellite options:
We do not intend to obtain a unit to test.
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
- A Decade Connected: A Look Back At The Evolution Of Mobile Internet for RVers and Cruisers Posted on: December 20, 2019
- Amazon to Alaska: "No Satellite Internet For You" Posted on: July 11, 2019
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about the complicated topic of signal enhancing and utilizing cellular boosters.