The two plan changes that Cricket made were to their $55 Unlimited Plan, and their $40 capped data plan.
The $55 Unlimited Plan previously capped all data at 3Mbps, but now data is provided at 8Mbps. This plan does not include mobile hotspot data.
On the $40 plan, the data limit used to be 5GB, but they have increased the data limit to 10GB.
Cricket's other plans, which remain unchanged, are an Unlimited plan for $60/month that includes 15GB mobile hotspot data, and a 2GB/$30 plan.
Cricket also announced that their 5G service will launch on August 21. Customers with a compatible device will be able to activate 5G service on that date.
They will also offer their own 5G device, the Samsung Galaxy S20. Pricing and availability details have not yet been announced.
Related News Stories
- Cricket Adds Ad-Tier HBO Max to $60 Unlimited Plan Posted on: August 19, 2021
- Cricket Wireless Lowers Price on 100GB Simply Data Plan for Hotspots to $55/mo Posted on: April 26, 2021
- New Turbo Hotspot 2 by Wingtech for Cricket Wireless and AT&T Business Posted on: January 27, 2021
- Cricket Simply Data Plan Introduces Device Restrictions - Do NOT MOVE SIM CARDS from Routers! Posted on: January 24, 2021
- Cricket Wireless Introduces 100GB Simply Data Plan for $90/mo for Hotspots & Routers AND Adds 5G Access to Some Plans Posted on: August 21, 2020