Hard drives will inevitably fail. It is not a question of if, but when.
Phones get dropped. Tablets get stolen. Your glass of water gets swatted over by your beloved cat - onto your laptop.
And sometimes computers in RVs can very literally ‘crash’ headlong into another vehicle.
In all these cases, the loss of hardware is often not nearly as catastrophic as the potential loss of the data stored.
Backing up critical data is one of the most important chores for any responsible technology owner – whether you are worried about critical client documents on your laptop, or irreplaceable photos on your phone.
Included in this Guide:
Pardon our Dust!
We released the 5th Edition of The Mobile Internet Handbook in early 2018.
This edition of the book goes back to the basics. Technology is changing so often, that keeping some of our resources in a book format just no longer makes sense. We are in progress of bringing over the more advanced chapters from previous editions of the book as online guides.
This guide was once part of the book, and is being expanded & updated as a new guide. We appreciate your patience as we continue to improve this resource center.
Is internet essential to your mobile lifestyle?
It is our passion to provide informative unbiased content and have made it our job to track this constantly evolving industry.
We stay on top of the technology
so that you can focus on what drives you!
We could not provide any of this without the support of those who chose to become members funding this resource center. We do not accept sponsorships, third party advertising and we do not resell products or gear. We strive to be an unbiased community funded resource.
Become a member starting at $75/year
Our premium membership - Mobile Internet Aficionados - is designed for those who consider internet essential for their mobile lifestyle.
In thanks for their support our members go deeper with our content - and receive benefits that help them save money, stay up to date, learn, get guidance and make informed choices.
Our goal is to save you time, money and frustration.
Other Resources We Offer:
- Our book: The Mobile Internet Handbook (5th Edition now available!).
- Our glossary: Mobile Internet Glossary
- Our app: Coverage? overlays the cellular carrier's coverage maps so you can better plan your travels around connectivity.
- Stay in the Know - We track the industry and analyze new developments for mobile travelers:
- Browse our Resource Center / Guides for more detailed guides.
- Go to school in our Mobile Internet University which walks you through the basics to the more advanced at your pace.
- Browse our Gear Center for information on gear & plans we track.
- Visit our Video Center for guides, tutorials and news stories.
- Have questions?