- Verizon Business made some significant changes to its lineup of phone plans, including lower prices and new names.
- Two of the plans have more hotspot data, with the top plan offering 200GB.
- Streaming and travel options are also improved on the two upper-tier plans.
Verizon Business quietly rolled out some significant changes to its lineup of business smartphone plans. These changes are mostly beneficial and include lower prices and increased mobile hotspot data.
Table of Contents
New Business Plan Lineup
Verizon's new lineup of plans has a slightly different but similar naming structure. The previous plans all ended in "2.0" but the new plans end in "5G" - other than that, the names are the same.
The new plan names are:
- Business Unlimited Pro 5G
- Business Unlimited Plus 5G
- Business Unlimited Start 5G
All of the plans still come with unlimited on-device data, as they did before. But there are a few big changes, including hotspot data, streaming speeds, international data, and pricing.
Verizon Business doubled the hotspot data on the top two plans - Pro 5G and Plus 5G. Pro 5G now has 200GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data, and Plus 5G now has 100GB. Previously, the 2.0 plan versions came with 100GB and 50GB of hotspot data, respectively.
There is no change to Start 5G - that plan still comes with only 5GB of hotspot data.
The Pro 5G and Plus 5G bands can access up to 4K UHD streaming when using Verizon's 5G Ultrawideband network. On the Verizon 5G Nationwide and 4G networks, these two plans can stream up to 1080p, if that feature is turned on in the account dashboard. Previously, streaming was limited to 720p on both plans.
There is no change for Start 5G - that plan is still limited to 480p streaming.
International Data - TravelPass
Verizon offers a TravelPass option for customers that can be added to plans for $10/day, and includes 2GB of high-speed data per day in 210+ countries. The Pro 5G plan now comes with 4 TravelPass days included each month, and Plus 5G now gets 2 TravelPass days per month.
These TravelPass days no not carry over and expire each month if not used.
Verizon Business lowered the pricing for all three plans compared to their previous iterations. The Pro 5G plan is now $80/month, the Plus 5G plan is $75/month, and the Start 5G plan is $65/month.
The plan changes are nice to see as they provide clear benefits over the previous versions. Increased mobile hotspot and streaming resolution at a lower price make Verizon Business plans a much better value.
Getting these plans requires a federal business tax ID number (EIN) and a credit check. Verizon still has stricter requirements for business accounts than AT&T or T-Mobile, which allow business accounts with an SSN.
- Verizon Announcement: Verizon’s new Business Unlimited plans offer progressive savings and enhanced features
- Gear Center: Business Plans by Verizon
- Guide: The Best Cellular Data Plans for RVers & Cruisers
- Guide: Which Cellular Carrier is Best for RV or Boat Mobile Internet?
- Total By Verizon Now Offering Prepaid Home Internet Option For $55/Month - Mobile Use Not Officially Supported Posted on: February 2, 2024
- Straight Talk Releases Prepaid 100GB Mobile Hotspot Plan on Verizon for $50/mo (also for Tablets) Posted on: January 26, 2024
- Verizon Cushions Blow Of Smartphone Plan Price Increase With Extra 5GB Of Mobile Hotspot Data Posted on: January 25, 2024
- Verizon Increasing Prices on Legacy Consumer and Business Smartphone Plans Posted on: January 19, 2024