While it was noted in mid-April 2020 that new customers of Google Fi with iPhones were able to use the eSIM feature, as of May 18th, current customers are reporting the option being included in a Google Fi app update.
eSIM is only compatible with iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, 11 series or forthcoming models and Android Pixel 2s or later.
Related Reading & Updates
Related News Stories:
- Google Fi Adds Simply Unlimited Smartphone Plan: 22GB High-Speed Data On Device Only Posted on: April 22, 2021
- Google Fi Promo: 50% Off 'Unlimited' Plan for First 3 Months for New Customers Posted on: February 19, 2021
- Google Fi Rolls Out eSIM Support For All Customers Posted on: May 19, 2020
- Google Fi Enforcing Restrictions on International Data Use Posted on: January 27, 2020
- Google Fi Rolls Out "Dual Connect" Technology Posted on: October 26, 2019
- Guide: All About SIM Cards – Swapping, Resizing, Dual SIM & eSIM
- Product Review: Google Fi