Wireless products manufacturer Wavlink offers an "Aerial HD" line of weatherproof, long-range, outdoor Wi-Fi access points. They combine antennas, radio, and a simple router into one unit to act as a Wi-Fi range extender or access point (AP).
These are very similar to commercial-level gear frequently used in professional networking installations, and can be used for both sending and receiving Wi-Fi signals. All the units are designed to connect to an interior router utilizing a power-over-ethernet (POE) cable, but can be operated independently (but they still need to be powered via POE).
Here is the current lineup:
- AERIAL HD4 – AC1200: Most powerful version, supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with four antennas
- AERIAL HD2 – AC600: Supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with two antennas
- AERIAL HS2 – N300: 2.4GHz only 802.11a/b/g/n with two antennas
- Model: Aerial HD4 - AC1200 / WN572HG3
- Router Specs:
- # of Connected Devices: Not specified
- Wi-Fi Router: Yes
- Control Panel and Default Password: Not specified
- USB Tethering Support: No
- Ethernet Ports: 1xPoE port for data and power
- Cellular Modem Specs: N/A
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 2.0 x 2.0 inches
- Other Ports:
- Power Source: DC24V / 0.5A Power over Ethernet (Passive PoE)
- Outdoor Rated: Yes
- Special Features: 4 modes: AP mode, repeater mode, router mode, WISP mode
- Retail Price: $50-$130
Review & Testing Status
We have not acquired or tested these products.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured Long Range Wi-Fi extending gear on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!
The guides below have been hand-picked to help further your education about selecting Wi-Fi extending gear - and even if this option makes sense for you.