Plans are available in both monthly and pay-as-you-go formats.
SIM cards can be used in un-locked phones or tablets.
Plan Color Codes:
- Silver = Verizon
- Emerald = AT&T
- Yellow = Sprint
- Indigo = T-Mobile
We cover pricing details of these plans in our:
Guide to Cellular Data Plan Pricing
We do not keep a Pix Wireless or Pix World plan in our testing arsenal.
Policies & Perks (For U.S. Based Plans):
- Carrier Networks Used: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Global
- Carrier Relation: MVNO
- Plan Types Available: Phone
- Device Types Permitted: Phones, Tablets
- Device Purchase Required: No, but available
- Mobile Hotspot Use: Never on unlimited data plans - otherwise, carrier dependent:
- Silver (Verizon): No
- Emerald (AT&T): Yes
- Yellow (Sprint): No
- Indigo (T-Mobile): ???
- Throttling: Plan dependent. Some plans have high-speed data buckets, then unlimited 2G data.
- Network Management: Unknown
- International Roaming: None
- Domestic Roaming: None
- Plan Period: Monthly or Pay-as-you-Go
- Data Roll Over: None
- Overage Charges: None - although there are 'pay-as-you-go' options.
- Streaming: No streaming services or benefits are provided.
- Unlimited: Yes - but on device only.
- Lines permitted per account: ?
- Extras: Virtual SIM available, Pix Health Add-On available
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other featured cellular data plans ideal for RVers and Crusiers - here's some other options to consider:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.
Selecting the right cellular data plan for your mobile internet needs is only one part of the equation. Here's some further guides on understanding the selection process as well as the additional gear you might need.