Teltonika is a Lithuanian technology company that manufactures a wide-variety of mobile-connectivity equipment, focusing on internet-of-things (IoT), networking, connected vehicles, and asset tracking gear. They've been a major supplier in many areas around the globe, but only recently entered the North American market.
In early 2019, Teltonika received the required certifications for three cellular-embedded routers, the RUT240, RUT950, and RUT955. All three utilize the same Cat 4 modems and are limited 2.4GHz Wi-Fi support.
Here is an overview of the model differences:
- RUT240: Single SIM Version
- RUT950: Dual SIM version
- RUT955: Dual SIM with GPS/GNSS support
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Carriers: AT&T or Verizon
- LTE Bands:
- AT&T Version: 2, 4, 12
- Verizon Version: 4, 13
- 4G/3G/2G: HSPA+; UMTS; TD-SCDMA; EDGE; GPRS
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150 Mbps Down / 50 Mbps Up)
- MIMO Support: 2x2
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 2x SMA
- SIM Slots: Mini-SIM (2FF) (two slots on 950 and 955 models)
- Wi-Fi Router:
- Cellular Tethering via USB: Unknown (Only 955 has a USB port)
- Ethernet Ports:
- Other Ports:
- RUT240 and 950: None
- RUT955: RS-232, RS-485, 10-pin I/O, 1x USB 2.0, 1x SMA GPS
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Failover, Integrated GPS
- Power Source: 9-30v, 4-pin power socket
- RUT240: 3.3 x 2.9 x 1 inches
- RUT950/955: 3.1 x 4.2 x 1.8 inches
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $199-299
Review & Testing Status
We have not tested these routers.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
More Information Available to our Members
In thanks for funding this resource center our members have access to any further notes, analysis, insider info, member experiences and/or our full in-depth review of this product or offering.
If you're a member, please log in above to read the review.