Teltonika is a Lithuanian technology company that manufactures a wide-variety of mobile-connectivity equipment, focusing on internet-of-things (IoT), networking, connected vehicles, and asset tracking gear. They've been a major supplier in many areas around the globe, but only recently entered the North American market.
In early 2019, Teltonika received the required certifications for three cellular-embedded routers, the RUT240, RUT950, and RUT955. All three utilize the same Cat 4 modems and are limited 2.4GHz Wi-Fi support.
Here is an overview of the model differences:
- RUT240: Single SIM Version
- RUT950: Dual SIM version
- RUT955: Dual SIM with GPS/GNSS support
- Cellular Modem Specs:
- Carriers: AT&T or Verizon
- LTE Bands:
- AT&T Version: 2, 4, 12
- Verizon Version: 4, 13
- 4G/3G/2G: HSPA+; UMTS; TD-SCDMA; EDGE; GPRS
- LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation: No
- LTE Performance Category: Category 4
(Max Theoretical Speed: 150 Mbps Down / 50 Mbps Up)
- MIMO Support: 2x2
- Cellular Antenna Ports: 2x SMA
- SIM Slots: Mini-SIM (2FF) (two slots on 950 and 955 models)
- Wi-Fi Router:
- Cellular Tethering via USB: Unknown (Only 955 has a USB port)
- Ethernet Ports:
- Other Ports:
- RUT240 and 950: None
- RUT955: RS-232, RS-485, 10-pin I/O, 1x USB 2.0, 1x SMA GPS
- Special Features: Data Usage Tracking, Auto Failover, Integrated GPS
- Power Source: 9-30v, 4-pin power socket
- RUT240: 3.3 x 2.9 x 1 inches
- RUT950/955: 3.1 x 4.2 x 1.8 inches
- Outdoor Rated: No
- Retail Price: $199-299
Review & Testing Status
We have not tested these routers.
Potential Alternatives to Consider:
For other popular mobile routers on the market we are tracking - here are our featured options:
This Review Contains Additional Member Exclusive Content
We are honored to be able to present the above overview for free without 3rd party advertising or sponsorships. We are not paid by the manufacturer of this product to provide this listing or review, and nor are we selling this equipment or plan (purchasing links are provided below as a courtesy and some may be affiliates).
Our members have funded this resource center and any extensive hands on time
we have spent with the product to review it.
The in-depth portions of this review are made available to them which might contain: hands on testing notes, field testing data, user interface tour, product analysis, comparison to alternatives, setup tips, video tutorial, insider tips, vendor discounts and fellow member experiences.
If you're a member, please log in to continue with this review.
If you're not a member.. please consider joining us!