Starting today, July 23, 2019, those customers purchasing a device directly through Verizon will note additional language under their device purchase that pertains to a 60 day lock of the device to Verizon service.
This change has been a while coming - and we covered the impending locks and the reasoning behind them early this year.
For more info on what this means - and why it is happening:
- Verizon Puts 60 Day Device Lock In Place Posted on: July 23, 2019
- FCC Allows Verizon to Lock Newly-Activated Devices Posted on: June 26, 2019
- Verizon To Begin Locking Phones, Starts Down Slippery Slope Posted on: February 13, 2018
- Starting Today - Carriers Must Unlock Phones & Tablets When Asked Posted on: February 11, 2015
- Congress Says: It is OK to Unlock Your Phone Posted on: July 28, 2014