Stands for kilobit per second and is also often written as kb/s. It is a measure of Internet speeds, and slower connections of less than 1 Mbps tend to be expressed in Kbps instead. 500 Kbps is half the speed of 1 Mbps.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Glossary: Mbps
- Glossary: bps
- Guide: Understanding LTE Modem Specifications And Selecting Cellular Devices (MiFi, Jetpacks, Routers, Phones)
- Verizon Prepaid 25GB Smartphone Plan with Mobile Hotspot for $35* At Walmart - For a Limited TimeVerizon Prepaid is offering a 10GB data boost to their 15GB smartphone-based plan at Walmart stores only for a limited time. This brings the total high-speed data allowance of the plan to 25GB - which will remain as 25GB even after the promo period ends.
- Google Fi Promo: 50% Off 'Unlimited' Plan for First 3 Months for New CustomersGoogle Fi, Google's own MNVO that uses Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular cellular networks paired with Wi-Fi hotspots to provide voice, text, and data service, is enticing new customers with 50% off the base price of an 'unlimited' plan for the first three months of service.
- Verizon Business Offers Arris LTE Router and Business Broadband PlansEarly in 2021 Verizon quietly began to offer the Arris NVG5588 LTE router for business customers. Currently, the Arris router is only available to business customers and it must be paired with one of Verizon's LTE Business Internet Broadband plans.
- Verizon Prepaid Adds 5G Ultra Wideband Unlimited Smartphone Plan for $70/monthVerizon Prepaid, Verizon's direct prepaid subsidiary, has added a new smartphone-based cellular plan which offers unlimited on-device 5G Ultra Wideband (UWB), 5G Nationwide, or 4G/LTE data.
- T-Mobile Launches New Data-Only Plans & Inseego 5G MiFi M2000 Mobile HotspotT-Mobile this morning went from having some of the worst mobile hotspot offerings direct from a major carrier to perhaps having the best with the introduction of new data plans and the Inseego 5G MiFi M2000 mobile hotspot.