Stands for kilobit per second and is also often written as kb/s. It is a measure of Internet speeds, and slower connections of less than 1 Mbps tend to be expressed in Kbps instead. 500 Kbps is half the speed of 1 Mbps.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Glossary: Mbps
- Glossary: bps
- Guide: Understanding LTE Modem Specifications And Selecting Cellular Devices (MiFi, Jetpacks, Routers, Phones)
- T-Mobile 100GB/$50 Postpaid Mobile Internet Data Plan Ends For LTE Hotspots & Routers, 5G Option RemainsT-Mobile is at it again. The 100GB for $50/month postpaid mobile internet plan available for use in all hotspots and routers has been discontinued as of today, August 6th, 2021. This plan was marketed as a "limited time" deal and it seems the limited time has run out.
- Verizon Launches New Data Only Plans - Up To 150GB for $80/monthThere are four new plans available through Verizon Postpaid as of today - Premium, Pro, Plus, and Essential. All of these plans offer 5G and 4G data use.
- AT&T Upgrades International Day Pass - $100/Month CapAT&T announced an upgrade to its international day pass option for smartphone plans that makes AT&T much more competitive for international travel by improving the pricing and terms of the day pass. AT&T now offers multiline pass discounts and a $100 monthly cap on day pass charges.
- AT&T Unlimited Elite for Consumers Plan Refresh: No Network Management & 40GB Hotspot DataAT&T adds benefits to its top-tier Unlimited Elite smartphone plan.
- Verizon Business Connected Device Plan Changes - Tablet and Jetpack Plans Now Available StandaloneJetpacks and tablets are now available as standalone lines on Verizon Business plans. Jetpacks are now offered a $45 Unlimited Business Data Plan which includes 22GB of high-speed data on a Jetpack, USB, or Netbook device followed by unlimited data at 200kbps speeds. Tablets can get unlimited on-device data and 15GB of mobile hotspot data for $40 on the Verizon Business Pro Tablet plan.